MANAGER TRUST BUSINESS SERVICE AND ALLIANCE PARTNE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for national implementation of strategic client services and initiatives for the fiduciary platform. The role reports directly to the Head of Trust and Estates. The role entails supervision of all projects and initiatives on the Trust, Estates, and Real Estate platforms. This includes delivery of services for all client channels; Bank, RBC WM, and Alliance Partners. The area of supervision will include the day-to-day fee billing, invoice processing, monthly financial and management reports for Executive Committee-Trust, Business Review Updates, Sales Metrics, and quarterly WM Risk Committee, PB Risk Committee and WM/Fiduciary Committee for all platforms within National Trust and Estates. The role will also provide support for the National Client Development Manager, National Trust Administration Manager, National Specialty Asset Manager, and Regional Manager Delaware Trust. Sales Tracking and reporting metrics are also within the scope of this role. This position will be responsible for projects and initiatives for all fiduciary platforms entailing timely and accurate completion of projects, manage the day-to-day activities of the projects, working with other National and department Managers, as well as, other LOB managers to insure that projects are completed within the set deadlines. Project examples include system conversions, budget analysis, scheduling training of trust colleagues on fiduciary SM, re-organization of trust operations, audit initiatives, client notifications, and policy & procedure changes. Also works with Compliance and Internal/External Auditors to assure all requested documents are delivered accurately and in a timely manner. This position will have HR management responsibilities including regular reviews, training, and hiring of his/her staff. The person currently in the position is also a member of the RBC Trust Company (Delaware) Board of Directors.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage the Fee Unit
- Oversee the financial reporting process for all fiduciary accounts
- Manage Overdraft and Receivables processes
- Develop and enhance fiduciary policies and procedures as needed
- Coordinate audit requests or corrective action items
- Serve as a point of escalation point for problem resolution
- Manage National Trust projects and initiatives
- Coordinate projects with internal and external partners
- Develop project plans and key metrics reporting for each project
- Manage projects to timely completion within budget
- Identify and track to completion of impacted policies and procedure updates
- Provide regular project updates to Senior Management
- Arrange for national trust staff training
- Coordinate audit First Day Letter requests and Corrective Action Plans
- Coordinate Policy and Procedure development
- Manage monthly testing and reporting
- Manage Trust Intern program for all fiduciary platforms
- Develop new tests or enhance existing tests for key processes or activities
- Monitor the corrective action plans for failed tests
- Gather the data for monthly reporting (i.e., Executive Committee, Private Banking Risk Committee, Wealth Management Risk Committee, etc.)
- Prepare the monthly reports for Senior Management
- Revise program reporting as the business needs change
- Manage team performance including regular reviews, onboarding, training and personal development and other managerial duties in a timely manner
- Provide regular tracking of Fee Unit Key Risk items
- Provide focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performance
- Leverage the value in unit, department, and enterprise wide teams to develop better solutions and achieve a cross enterprise mindset
- Accept and successfully execute change while supporting employees through the process, and keeping them focused on business priorities
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent and related experience
- Internationally recognized professional qualification (e.g., CFTA, TEP)
- 10+ years relevant experience in trust/financial services field with 5 years in the general accounting area
- 5 years Trust business experience and knowledge
- 2 years Project Management knowledge and experience
- 1+ year of demonstrated and sound managerial experience leading and managing a team
- CTFA - Certified Trust Financial Advisor
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships and effectively interact with all levels of staff and personnel
- Works well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Anticipate needs and proactively seek solutions
- Able to work with different personality types
- Willingness to seek out advice from Senior staff promptly as appropriate
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled