Product Sales Specialist III - Walnut Creek, CAJob ID MAPS-11498 City Walnut Creek State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule Monday-Friday, 8-5
This senior level position is responsible forthe development and direct sale of both commercial and HNW/Private personal cards products and services to new and existing bank clients. The incumbent will support the business development activities of CNB line units and develop sales strategies to aggressively increase the sale and use of the banks cards products and services for the designated customer and prospect base. Conduct customer/prospect needs analysis, develop proposed service solutions/sales presentations and RFP responses to assist businesses and organizations to optimize their use of cards to better manage cash; reduce payments risk/fraud; improve company, family office or personal financial workflow. Coordinate sales efforts with relationship officers and team members in order to acquire new business and strengthen existing client relationships. Maintain current knowledge of all cards products and services offered, including basic business cards use, commercial cards, commercial A/P, commercial pre-paid and personal cards products.
This individual demonstrates a strong understanding of accounting principles, financial concepts, payment processing and client accounting principles and operations. This individual also possesses a thorough knowledge of the practices and regulations that govern the banking industry and the implications of federal, state and local regulations affecting payments and cards activities. Additionally, this individual has a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices associated with the analysis of business operations, accounts payables, general ledger and associated systems and interfaces.
Job Skills & Knowledge
- *Minimum 6 years' experience selling cards or cards related payments solutions (such as merchant services) into commercial or business enterprises.
- *Minimum 6 years of bank products sales experience in a financial services environment required.
- *Minimum 3 years' experience in managing/supporting medium to large account relationships required
- Knowledge of sales techniques and principles to effectively market cards or payments services.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to gather, arrange, compile, interpret, analyze, summarize and evaluate information and data to identify sales opportunities and formulate conclusions and recommended actions.
- Ability to set priorities, objectives and goals.
- Must have knowledge of card industry issues and competitive products/services.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.