Mgr Regional Sales - Walnut Creek, CAStart Application Job ID TREA-8399 CityWalnut Creek StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
Directly manage the sales team, consisting of Team Leads, TMSO's and SSO's, in the achievement of the territories annual sales goals.
The current territory consists of all line units in Northern California. Management includes calling on clients with a TMSO or independently, as well as working to structure deals and follow to completion. Serve as a critical player on the TM Management Team providing strategic counseling and decision making on items related to the team as a whole. Participate in numerous special projects related to TM product design and roll outs. Liaison between TM and the line management teams. Review, approve and make recommendations on all exception pricing and ECR requests. Produce and/or review monthly reports and approve all Pro Forma Credit deals. Initial point of contact for all Treasury Management related escalations. Expectation is sales manager quarterbacks all things Treasury and ensures that the issues are resolved even if those issues are non-sales related. As a senior manager within Treasury Management, this includes sales, sales support, implementations, operations, and customer service and product management.
- *Minimum 10 years of Treasury Management experience in a financial services environment .
- *Minimum 5 years of management experience .
- *Minimum 10 years of sales experience .
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related area.
- Multi-State Management experience preferred.
- Must possess well-developed sales and client management skills with expert knowledge in Treasury Management products, services and solutions.
- Demonstrated sales leadership/management experience and acknowledged success in a sales management role. .Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Extensive knowledge of the practices and regulations that govern the banking industry and the implications of federal, state and local regulations affecting Treasury Management activities.
- Must possess demonstrated management skills and excellent verbal and written communications skills sufficient to interact with all levels of Bank personnel and clients.
- Managing day to day activities of sales team. In the Northern California market, work directly with the Team Lead's on management direction, team development and enhanced sales skills. Work regularly with the TMSO's when sales or service items have reached the point of escalation, involves a top client, or a product concern or deficiency. Direct manager for the TMSO's in Northern CA, as we rebuild ourselves in the market. Work daily with sales team to assist them on their day to day challenges in producing revenue. In addition, attend client and prospect calls directly with the TMSO's in all markets, specifically for sales development and management with our top clients and prospects.
- In this category, duties also include being the liaison to the line management teams. This goes hand in hand with managing the team as a whole; as all the TMSO's reside in line units they support. In order to obtain our goals, we must partner directly with the line on a daily basis. The needs and attitudes of our line partners are critical to understand, and can vary widely based on market. Through understanding of the market and the needs of the line, I can properly position the TMSO's in the correct territory and advise them on best practices which in turn will lead to maximized results.
- Serve as the EVP designee on all ECR and exception pricing. Directly managed TM Sales for all lines of business in CA and Nevada, Process daily requests for exception pricing. As part of the overall bank strategy to increase hard dollar fee collections through lowered ECR rates and less exception line item pricing, serve as the front line defender of the bank's TM billing portfolio. Advise and train TMSO's and the Line how to structure their deals that support the bank and the client. In addition, frequently required to "push back" on the line in an effort to protect the bank's profitability.
- Produce monthly reports, PFC review and approval, attend special project meetings and strategize on TM structure and direction. Produce and/or review several reports on a monthly basis, which include call tracking, pipeline and sales and territory reporting by team and individual. As part of our new sales revenue collection program, review and approve all Pro Forma Credits (PFC's). Attend any special projects as assigned and serve as the designee representing the sales team and the sales point of view. These vary throughout the year as projects come and go. Finally, regularly spend time in strategy sessions directly with my manager, or as part of the management team, focusing on the direction of our team and our overall structure.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.