SENIOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGER-HEALTH CARE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Healthcare Relationship Manager achieves individual and team revenue goals by striving to develop new key and high net worth clients through referrals and calling efforts. Manages a portfolio of high growth or complex relationships. Builds client relationships and grows revenue through cross selling all City National Bank (CNB) products. Collaborates with Relationship Managers, Commercial Underwriters, and other CNB product experts to ensure continuity of high quality service, product delivery, and responsiveness to client needs. At this level, persuasion, diplomacy, negotiation and closing skills are mastered at the highest degree. Creates and maintains effective relationships with members of the regional team and is willing to pitch in when needed to deliver seamless service to clients. The ideal candidate will understand the benefits of building relationships with clients that may include various CNB internal business partners and their services and products, as appropriate.Identifies, develops, and builds profitable relationships with prospects and clients consistent with the objectives of the Bank. Pro-actively works to ensure the credit quality standards of the Bank are maintained.Develops relationships and supports other CNB departments and colleagues to provide client and prospect solutions. Participates in community activities as a representative of CNB, promoting and attracting new colleagues and clients.
Commercial Banking Division
As a member of City National’s Commercial Banking group, you will help to provide expertise and financing solutions to mid-market businesses and organizations with professional management, headquartered in the United States. By listening and understanding the client’s needs, the team delivers specialized service and industry-specific expertise to help solve challenges for companies that are growing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Identifies, develops, and builds profitable relationships with prospects and clients consistent with the objectives of the Bank. Pro-actively works to ensure the credit quality standards of the Bank are maintained.
- Develops relationships and supports other CNB departments and colleagues to provide client and prospect solutions. Participates in community activities as a representative of CNB, promoting and attracting new colleagues and clients.
- Manages a portfolio of relationships. Proactively monitors portfolio for ongoing credit quality, credit renewal, and adherence to policy. Insures accurate and timely risk identification. Works in cooperation with the appropriate team member and/or client to resolve issues and prevent potential financial liability/loss.
- Works with Healthcare Manager, Credit Manager and Credit Administration to negotiate, structure, underwrite and approve credit transactions that meet client needs and are consistent with the credit quality standards and operational compliance requirements of the Bank. Monitors the loan documentation process and closes the loan.
- Expands portfolio and grows revenue through calls on existing and potential clients to determine their financial needs and provide solutions.
- Identifies and collaborates with other CNB product experts to achieve cross-sell goals and helps solidify the client relationship.
- Calls on and collaborates with existing clients to determine their financial needs and offers solutions, many of which will result in additional cross-sales.
- Establishes a referral network through existing relationships and calls on prospective clients and industry experts including lawyers, accountants and people of influence.
- Develops a strong understanding of clients and the Healthcare Industry to assist in customer calling efforts. Maintains awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in market conditions.
- Prepares reports as requested for management.
- May serve as an industry or product specialist to Relationship Managers in other business units.
- Supports other CNB departments and colleagues. Develops relationships and supports other CNB departments and colleagues to provide clients and prospects the solutions as recommended and approved.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National’s PRIDE statement.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as industry and account appropriate.
- Completes all required training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s degree with broad studies in the areas of Business, Finance, Economics and Accounting preferred
- Minimum 4 years Healthcare industry financing experience required
- Minimum 10 years commercial banking work experience required
- Minimum 7 years Relationship Management experience required
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong demonstrated sales and marketing abilities including cross selling skills.
- Superior client relationship skills.
- Good understanding of commercial credit policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of Bank credit products and underwriting standards required to identify credit opportunities with clients and initiate the credit transaction.
- Sound credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Must be able to work autonomously in making sound business decisions and exercising appropriate level of authority commensurate with experience and responsibility.
- Must be capable of working well independently and in teams.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled