Relationship Manager Deposits - Commercial Real Estate (San Francisco)Job ID RE-12190 City San Francisco State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This role is in San Francisco and the Deposits Relationship Manager develops and manages deposit relationships within a defined region/location within the Commercial Real Estate Banking Division. This key position is responsible for actively meeting the Commercial Real Estate Banking Deposits needs of both existing clients and prospective clients. The Relationship Manager Deposits is positioned to present a variety of product solutions and provide responsive and exemplary service. The Relationship Manager Deposits is responsible for the continued profitable growth of the assigned portfolio through active calling efforts, service and referrals. Adeptly identifying and promoting solutions to customer needs and maintaining an active calling program is essential for success. This person will also be instrumental as a liaison with other internal departments to provide the operational excellence to customers. This position requires a high level of relationship management, communication, presentation and influencing skills and experience. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act
Commercial Real Estate Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Commercial Real Estate Banking group. Be part of the team that provides a comprehensive array of banking products and services to experienced real estate developers and investors including, but not limited to, acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent financing of commercial real estate. Product types include: Multifamily, Industrial, Office, Retail, Self-Storage, Senior Housing, and For-Sale Housing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Focus to develop New Deposit Relationships. Prepare a Relationship Plan and calling schedule for each client or prospect in conjunction with the strategic business development program. Identify business opportunities for Real Estate Banking or other Bank products or services from existing customers, marketing prospective list, a network of referral sources, and other professionals in the industry. Develop a strong understanding of company, industry, business and needs to assist in client calling efforts.
- Call on existing or prospective clients to discuss and promote Real Estate Banking and other Bank products and services in order to establish a total client banking relationship. Discuss opportunities and general business conditions; and other banking needs to develop solutions to serve their financial needs. Partner with internal product specialists, as necessary.
- Ensure conformance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements. Exercise sound risk judgment in approving transactions. Ensures the quality of all business introduced to the Bank.
- Represent the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Resolve all client needs and any internal issues in a timely manner. May approve transactions within delegated authority.
- Monitor and analyze relationship results and deposit account activities. Determine client profitability. Make a recommendation regarding accounts to be further developed or eliminated.
- Input referrals into MyReferrals as well as referral updates as needed.
- Provides assistance and coverage for all operational-related activity within the Division including assistance with the annual operations audit. Participates in regular operational team meetings. Maintain awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in market conditions.
- Relationship in portfolio may contain numerous accounts requiring extensive operational expertise to manage workflow to match client needs, risk control and maximize cross selling potential.
- Works with Relationship Managers, Team Leaders, and Management to maintain updated relationship plans for existing clients to ensure retention and optimization of existing relationships.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in relationship management of Deposits based clients/portfolio in a financial services company
- Minimum 3 years of product sales and new business development in a financial services company
Skills and Knowledge
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.