PRIVATE WEALTH ANALYST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Supports PB client teams in delivering investment analysis and financial planning materials for high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families within a specific region. Partners with Private Banking team in business development and relationship management activities to support investment management prospects and clients.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provide in-depth sales materials for Private Bankers by creating sophisticated portfolio and market analyses using a variety of investment and financial markets database tools.
- Assist Private Bankers in performing financial planning analyses.
- Collaborate closely with Tax and Financial Planning team.
- Lead region as the subject matter expert in using Naviplan as a primary planning resource and tool.
- Lead in the administrative and follow up actions to ensure delivery of Investment Policy Statements and ongoing progress on agreed upon client strategies.
- Partner with PB teams in business development, on boarding and ongoing servicing.
- Participate in profiling across the full spectrum of the needs of PB target segments and provide tailored advice in collaboration with client team. Utilize planning capabilities and develop solutions across investments including brokerage, trust and wealth transfer, credit, deposit, and all other appropriate services.
- Participate with CNB team on sales calls including pre-brief and de-brief meetings.
- Assume primary responsibility to work with IM&T Administrative group on the front-end on-boarding of new investment management and trust accounts.
- Aid Private Bankers to ensure client's current goals, risk tolerance and constraints are reflected in the Investment Policy Statement and investment objective selection.
- Participate with Private Banker and Portfolio Manager when further asset allocation tailoring is needed to meet the client's needs (and will be reflected in the IPS).
- As Private Bankers direct, communicate strategic and tactical asset allocation shifts or rebalancing to the client. Assists Private Bankers in reviewing asset management and CNS Brokerage statements with clients.
- Participate in managing relationships with the client team in planning, delivery, and regular review with clients. Deliver a high degree of personal contact and open communication among clients and internal team that creates a superior client experience. Position the Private Banker as the credit and deposit lead.
- Effectively participate with a team of CNB colleagues to set strategies and provide services across the full product spectrum in order to become the client's sole or lead provider.
- Keep current on client’s financial information while ensuring that clients understand the solutions being provided.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for licenses and certifications.
- Ensure that Reg 9 is properly completed in a timely manner.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 5 years of experience in investments or other financial services industries
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs as well as Bloomberg, Morningstar Advisor Workstation, MoneyTree Allocation Master, and other financial databases
- Minimum of 3 years working in a professional team environment
Skills and Knowledge
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 securities required preferred
Starting base salary: $100,011 - $125,980 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled