Team Leader Business Banking Relationship Manager IIStart Application Job ID PBB-8336 CityPasadena StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Develops and manages a group of Business Banking Relationship Managers (BBRM's) for assigned region. Plans and directs the activities of BBRM's towards attainment of regional goals, including sales, client service and proper credit quality and risk management. Sets individual goals and assists BBRM's in development of their sales plans. Works closely with BBRM's to insure established goals and objectives are met. Reviews and approves transactions within delegated authority for both the BBRM's and when necessary may assist the region's branches. Manages overall business banking production, profitability, and credit risk for the region. Along with RBM's, responsible for the region meeting business banking performance objectives including meeting loan, deposit, and fee income goals. May make joint calls with the BBRM's on more complex relationships and to support their on-going skill development. Insures the BBRM's are providing the CNB exemplary level of service, identifying and promoting solutions to customer needs, and maintaining an active calling program.
Preferred to be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry" (NMLS); or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act.
- *Bachelor's degree required.
- *A minimum of 10 years of commercial lending/relationship manager experience required.
- *A minimum of 3 years of experience managing commercial relationship managers required.
- *A minimum of 5 years of credit experience required.
- *Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated strong leadership, management, sales, and marketing capabilities.
- Good understanding of all products and services applicable to target client segment.
- Good understanding of all the bank's products and service and the overall sales process with a focus on client segmentation and performance measurement
- Excellent knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures, and bank operations policies and procedures.
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop and retain strong sales colleagues and effectively manage results through a team of colleagues.
- Has the ability to work autonomously in making sound business decisions and exercises appropriate level of authority commensurate with experience and responsibility.
- Ability to build positive relationships both within the Core Banking Division and throughout the bank and capable of establishing professional expertise through integrity, dedication, and strategic counsel.
- Must be capable of inspiring confidence and respect in staff and motivate colleagues to achieve individual, division and company goals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.