Credit Officer I - Commercial BankingStart Application Job ID CB-8272 CityOxnard StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a Commercial Banking team. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Validates the credit analysis prepared by the Credit Analysts and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted.
- *Bachelor's degree
- *Minimum 3 years of credit underwriting experience required.
- *Minimum 3 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Underwriting small to medium sized commercial loans of moderate scope and complexity; analyzes financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns.
- Loan size may vary from $5MM-$75MM
- Frequent use and application of commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Strong ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- Works with the Credit Team Leader in structuring creative deals and determining alternative approaches.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled