SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER (SRE)
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As an SRE, you will utilize your software, systems engineering, and operations background to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant systems. Your role is to ensure the reliability, scalability and maximum uptime of CNB's Cloud Platform.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Design, develop and implement solutions that improve stability, security, scalability and availability of CNB's software platforms.
- Design mechanisms for alerts and responses to identify and address reliability risks.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, planning, and reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Design and run performance, capacity and monitoring tests.
- Create educational material such as cloud native sample apps and starter code, as well as contribute to holding cloud native educational events like hackathons and live coding sessions. Create educational documentation on how-to's and best practices, and blog about use-cases and architectures that relate to cloud platforms
- Liaise with the team managing our public cloud environments, including setup, management, and troubleshooting
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 5+ years of experience in an Operational role, DevOps, SRE, or Software Engineering
- *5+ years of experience doing development in any of Java, NodeJS, .NET Core, Python
- *3+ years of experience with development or administration on any cloud platforms (Cloud Foundry, Heroku, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Bluemix, Kubernetes, and others). (The ideal candidate has significant experience with Platform as a Service cloud such as Cloud Foundry)
Skills and Knowledge
- 5+ years of experience developing applications with an active user base, and deploying to production and going through any change management process (Ideal candidate is able to engage in a detailed discussion about their change management process as well as its happy/pain points)
- Experience with Splunk / Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Experience with Monitoring tools such as Datadog, Dynatrace etc.
- Experience with automating manual processes and tests
- Creativity, energy, and passion for leveraging technology to transform our industry; the belief that automation is the only way
- A good understanding of modern, cloud centric architectures and DevOps principles
- Experience with the operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting
- Providing standardized offerings to facilitate and ensure operational health of stacks throughout their lifecycle including metrics collection, aggregation, and visualization, inventory, capacity, and billing/tag management
- Above average performance. You are competitive and passionate. You thrive on challenge and have a proven ability to set ambitious but achievable goals and surpass them
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications:
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled