OPERATING ASSOCIATE SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position will work directly with the CNR Director, Business Affairs and support various activities across wealth management and business operations. Collaborates with CNR's senior management team to develop cross functional expertise and provide ongoing analytical, communications, and leadership support.
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new programs/strategies, implementation of regulation, rules, and risk management requirements. Analyze and evaluate data that effects the technical, operational, and business functions and provide insight to the practical impacts/implications to the business line.
- Work independently or with other team members in conducting research, analyzing and interpreting data and information to support strategies, initiatives, organizational planning and business model adjustments.
- Act as the business liaison for all CNR risk management, compliance activities, and internal and external audits.
- At the direction of CNR Director Business Affairs in the operations of the affiliated family of mutual funds, closed end funds and private funds, including managing all services provider relationships (Fund Admin, Fund Accounting, Custody, Accountants, Attorneys, Insurance providers’, etc.) and legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- At the direction of the Director of Business Affairs act as an intermediary between Wealth Management Leadership and others reducing the level of interaction/participation on their part.
- Act as a liaison representing CNR at both internal and external meetings; establishing and cultivating strong working relationships with all stakeholders. Attend meetings with and/or in place of Director, Business Affairs; provides feedback and escalate decision making when necessary.
- Act as an intermediary between the Director, Business Affairs and others, reducing the level of interaction/participation required. Provide advice and recommendations on operational issues escalating decisions with significant impact to the Director, Business Affairs after careful consideration and development of a proposal or potential plan. Work closely with Director, Business Affairs on initiatives and aid in evolving them such that they become business-as-usual, ultimately distributed to appropriate long-term owners.
- Build and sustain effective relationships and alliances both internally and across all lines of business and staff areas to help deliver results and to ensure opportunities are identified, analyzed and managed appropriately. Understand interdependencies to achieve success.
- Partner with team members to contribute concise communication materials for senior management. Develop presentations for internal and external meeting that are compelling, concise, and graphical to convey message.
- Contribute to and potentially run special projects and initiates, as necessary.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years managing projects
- 4 years within or related to financial services
Skills and Knowledge
- MBA, JD, or other advanced degrree
- 3-5 years of experience managing projects
- 3-5 years in a leadership role
- Investment Management experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills – and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like way, and achieve goals without direct control over resources
- Strong emerging end-to-end generalist problem solving skills, e.g.,
- Defining and deconstructing problems
- Prioritizing issues and analysis
- Structuring and building quantitative and qualitative/conceptual analyses
- Knowledge in Financial Services, Project Management
- Demonstrated ability to Influence change, build relationships, communicate effectively, work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and deliver high caliber results.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Diverse problem solving experience
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
- Quick learning ability, outstanding analytical skills and a structured way of thinking, your attention to details is exceptional
- Operate well under stress, even faced with tight timelines for ambitious deliverables Significant experience in driving operational change with front line to senior leadership personnel
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Be able to handle uncertainty well, and are able to simplify complexity
Starting base salary: $111,408 - $189,738 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled