Sr. Curriculum Designer CNRStart Application Job ID WMS-7834 CityNew York StateNew York Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
Senior Curriculum Designer is responsible for knowledge and skill development of colleagues by designing, developing, managing, and implementing comprehensive learning solutions to achieve business objectives of High Net Worth Investment Management Team at CNR/CNB. This position will work closely with the investment management line of business, and partner with subject matter experts to provide high quality customized training solutions and course development that are strategically aligned with business objectives. Delivers quality products for large-scale initiatives and "client facing" experiences and skills with the ability to engage in conversations with key stakeholders to determine training content needs, instructional design and overall approach. Curriculum design areas include leadership/management, investment industry solutions (equities, fixed income, alternative investments, etc.), technical and non-technical skills.
- *Bachelor's Degree (Masters/Securities licensed preferred).
- *Minimum of 7 years curriculum designer experience including management of end-to-end, instructional design process-based methodology (analysis, design, development and delivery).
- *Minimum 2 years of experience in Financial Services, with direct experience in Asset/Wealth Investment Management.
- *Minimum 7 years of experience with development of training material that consists of written course content, presentation material, instructor guides, eLearning, or learning activities focused on meeting defined learning objectives.
- Must possess expert level instructional design skills, strong attention to detail, and have a high degree of flexibility. Materials will be developed rapidly with frequent changes and updates.
- Technically savvy--ability to research and quickly learn new technologies in support of business objectives.
- Advanced proficiency in workplace learning and development principles and authoring tools with knowledge of Instructional design architecture, preferably in two or more related to Brainshark, Storyline, Articulate, Lectora, and Captivate.
- Expert level in using Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Captivate.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Experience in designing learning solutions that employ various instructional strategies.
- Effective innovation and collaborative skills.
- Business acumen.
- Solid project management experience (i.e. planning, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple high level projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an Agile development process. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Significant experience in courseware development of a complex nature, demonstrating speed and efficiency of advanced instructional design (proficiency in course authoring tools ideal).
- Expertise in adult learning theory and facilitation skills.
- Experience in identifying and managing complex group dynamics and reacting real time to changes in content and/or process.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and impact people at multiple organizational levels.
- Advanced facilitation skills, including skills to open, narrow and close large group discussions, manage dialogue between managers and participants.
- Exceptional written / oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.