Sr Credit Officer - Private BankingJob ID PB-10604 City New York State New York Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule Mon - Fri, 8a - 5p
The Senior Credit Officer works with the team in structuring creative deals and determining alternative approaches. Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Specialty Banking Advisors and Relationship Managers. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Prepares credit analysis and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted.
College degree in Business Administration or a related field and/or a minimum of 8 years of experience in underwriting large and complex commercial loans which requires extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of commercial credit principles, financial concepts and regular use of ingenuity and creativity in solving complex credit problems. Solutions are thorough, and require analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns. Prepares recommendations regarding approval or denial of applications exceeding posted standards. Loan size is typically over $10 million. Communicates skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms. Good organizational skills. Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making. Ability to work well independently to restructure loans and/or lines of credit as required. May function as the primary credit contact for clients and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 8 years of credit underwriting experience required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 8 years of experience in credit underwriting.
- Working knowledge of credit, accounting, credit policy and financial statement analysis.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based upon analysis for action on loans and loan treatments.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
#CA-BD1Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled