SALES AND DATA PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT ASSOCIATE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Division system administration, reporting, performance analysis, and data management that improves delivery and efficiency of performance measurements and reporting at the division and region levels.Facilitate building the sales performance goal setting process. Serve as the subject matter expert in various Compensation systems and contribute to development and operationalizing/utilization of those capabilities across all levels of colleagues in the division. Perform as lead or contributor to other division programs or projects as needed.
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Administer the commission programs for the CNR Senior Investment Consultants (SIC), CNR Portfolio Managers (PM), and Private Investment Consultants (PIC). Prepare and distribute compensation reports to colleagues. Investigate and research on inquires to ensure timely and accurately payments and make decisions regarding the implementation of adjustments.
- Work with the Technology and Client Service team to ensure the integrity of the data feeding the compensation system.
- Design, produce and distribute new and existing performance reports and calculations with various bank systems on a routine basis for performance rankings, measurements, composites, incentives, etc.
- Perform, analyze, audit and reconcile performance results, account postings, transactions and/or other measurements and identify potential discrepancies. Review any discrepancies with region manager/s. Establish routines and create spreadsheets to monitor and analyze results. Review for trends, research as appropriate and make recommendations regarding findings and suggested resolutions to management.
- Build tools and reporting, to support the incentive compensation plan, including scorecards. Provide manager and colleague scorecards, and other reporting as necessary to support performance and incentive management processes. Manage and execute the incentive reporting process with finance metrics and profitability contact. Responsible for all issues management resolution, including with region managers and individual colleagues. Performs analytics and tracks/report results and exceptions. Leverage all required finance system and tools to perform role to maximum effectiveness.
- Participate in the budget development process, specifically leading the sales performance and goal setting process, in partnership with the region managers and division finance manager; including clarifying/updating incentive plan (business) rules. Work with compensation partner in the annual compensation target setting and year-end process, providing goals and results as needed.
- Prepare adhoc reports as requested by manager or division head. Assist in presentations and/or working sessions for and with division head and region managers. Prepare data documents for division head for Executive Committee and Board meetings.
- Assist with annual and quarterly audit; including any special audits (OCC, etc.). Retrieve and prepare audit reports for use during internal and/or external audits.
- Complete all required training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years of accounting, banking, or financial operational experience
- Minimum of 5 years of financial analysis experience required, with a minimum of 4 years in sales performance reporting and analytics
- Minimum of 5 years advanced Excel experience, including minimum of 3 years complex formula/function development, writing macros, utilizing PivotTables and other methods to manipulate large datasets
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, and utilizes insights to identify opportunities or issues and recommend solutions
- Performance measurement experience required.
- Must possess strong analytical and math skills.
- Strong understanding of division performance measurements and incentive plans
- Good project planning and coordination skills.
- Excellent computer literacy with a proven proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Word and Power Point and other financial related systems as needed.
- Experience with MS Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills sufficient to interact with all levels of Bank personnel.
- Demonstrated skill at issues resolution, including ability to research and determine root causes and engaging partners in solutions.
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Market Research
- Ability to Work Independently and in Teams
- Desire to learn about the investment management industry.
- Highly motivated and analytical with the ability to multitask
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Starting base salary: $65,296 - $104,304 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled