Residential Loan Consultant IIJob ID RLD-10821 City New York State New York Exempt/Non Exempt Non-Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F 9-5
This position is responsible for referral-based sales of first mortgage, concurrent second loan products, and stand alone home equity line of credits, to existing and potential private banking and high net worth clients. By partnering with CNB's Relationship Managers, the position will support business development activities of the Entertainment Channel and develop sales strategies to attract, retain and expand CNB client relationships through the sale of mortgage loan products and services. Conduct client/prospect needs analysis and develop proposed solutions/sales presentations to meet their needs. Maintain current knowledge of all first mortgage and concurrent second loan products and services offered.
Services the mortgage needs of Private Banking clients whose lending needs can result in moderate to complex transactions. This individual may accompany a senior lender on business development calls and participate as a member of a lending team. Loans are generally super-jumbo in size. The position focuses on the following areas: credit structuring and analysis, assisting Relationship Managers in cross- selling first mortgages and/or establishing new relationships. Assist team leaders in training programs as needed.
- *Minimum of 5 years mortgage lending experience in sales and originations.
- *Minimum of 5 years of business development/direct sales experience required
- *Minimum of 3 years of private banking experience required.
- *Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act
- Proven sales ability to confidently handle complex transactions and discuss products, programs and pricing, achieved by a targeted rate of return within Bank guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with private banking clients.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a mortgage pipeline of loans, responding to internal and external changes affecting Residential Lending.
- Credit knowledge and experience. * Residential operations background a plus.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, with a sense of urgency and the ability to handle multiple requests and priorities.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.