REGIONAL MANAGER PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS/DESIGN
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Manages City National Rochdale's (CNR) portfolio analysis process, and manage daily activity of analysts. Responsible for the quality of all analytic presentations being used for client/prospects, leading the daily work flow of a group of analysts. Drawing on resources throughout the organization, this position will conduct and/or oversee the asset allocation framework and implementation for High Net Worth individuals. Educates and trains portfolio managers and investment consultants on any adjustments in the firm's framework. Serves as a firm-wide resource for any related analytical support, and special projects such as business and product development.
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage team of associates, and oversee daily and weekly deliverables of client proposals.
- Create and generate proposals and customize analysis for prospective clients.
- Lead analysis effort for HNW clientele.
- Master all technology used in the proposal, portfolio management and research processes.
- Prioritize workload of group based on level of importance.
- Develop and maintain asset allocation framework.
- Serve as generalist resource for all employees of the firm in various Equity, Fixed Income, and Alternative Investment asset classes.
- Evaluates fixed income, equity, real assets, and alternative investments.
- Produce period presentations and publishes written commentaries based on trends in various markets.
- Ensure that all marketing material presented by your group is up to date with the firms current capital market assumptions, and delivered in an informative manner.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree MBA is desired
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant investment experience working in an individual and professional team environment
- CFA, CAIA
Skills and Knowledge
- The ability to analyze and interpret data is critical.
- Familiarity with manager research software such as Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, Zephyr, PSN, and Pertrac is highly desirable.
- Familiar with a broad range of market indices and asset allocation models, and have prior experience analyzing or investing in multiple asset classes.
- Fully versed in a variety of analytic processes and should have a quantitative skillset.
- Extensive knowledge of investment processes, returns and holdings based analysis, as well as risk management.
- Sound knowledge of modern portfolio theory, equity risk models, performance attribution and advance experience with analytical systems.
- Full understanding of both tactical and strategic asset allocation models being developed at the firm.
- Ability to oversee and interpret complex investment management situations such as concentrated positions, risk analytics, and provide intelligently personalized solutions is of the utmost importance.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled