Operations AnalystStart Application Job ID WMS-8244 CityNew York StateNew York Exempt/Non ExemptNon-Exempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
Provides operational support to the Portfolio Manager Team and Advisors on all asset movement activities. Review, process, and follow up on all inquiries regarding transfer of assets and account maintenance of electronic transfers & check writing. Assist in questions regarding withdraws, contributions, and RMDs on retirement accounts. Monitor retirement accounts toward the end of the year to insure that their RMD has been satisfied. Collaborate with other departments to resolve complex issues as well as act as the liaison between the Portfolio Manager Team and our clearing firm.
- Review received asset movement requests. Contact the Portfolio Manager Team to raise cash or obtain further information/documentation. Process the requests on Pershing's system, and follow up to ensure they are processed in a timely manner.
- Follow up on any pending requests that are awaiting further information or documentation.
- Review requests from the prior day in our bookkeeping system and upload them to our client account database.
- Review all outgoing transfers, freeze the accounts to ensure no further trading takes place, notify the PM team and financial advisor that the account will be leaving, monitor the transfer process to ensure that all accounts are moved in a timely manner, and archive the accounts from our client account database once they have fully transferred out.
- Manage mandatory and voluntary corporate actions by updating our trading system with corporate action details to avoid trading on a called or tendered bond. Coordinate with the research teams to determine how to instruct on voluntary offers.
- *High School Diploma or GED required.
- *Minimum 3 years of experience in a financial related industry.
- *Minimum 4 years of experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related area preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a broker dealer or investment industry preferred
- FINRA Series 7 license preferred.
- Excellent verbal and writen communications skills.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.