GLOBAL TRADE SALES SPECIALIST SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Global Trade Sales Specialist identifies, develops and builds profitable trade finance relationships that provide added value to new or existing relationships of the Bank. Will proactively identify risks and opportunities early in the new business development process. Will meet or exceed sales and new client growth targets. Manage sales/business development efforts for our client and prospect list. Invite other colleagues as appropriate to advance the sales process. Manage existing relationships to enhance profits, increase revenue and mitigate risk while delivering an excellent customer service experience to the client. Pro-actively work with structured finance colleagues to identify more complex export finance opportunities and/or mitigate specific risks. Also work side-by-side with the supply chain finance team to identify and advance new opportunities. Active engagement with the International Banking Trade Finance (IBTF) credit team to support recommendations for client transactions where credit is required. Collaborate effectively with legal, compliance, back-office/operations and credit administration.
Specialty Banking Division
As a member of the Specialty Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. Specialty Banking is comprised of several teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- New business development: Identify and qualify prospective trade finance clients for our group and related activities (bi-weekly pipeline meetings, coordinating with Business Development Officers and other Relationship Managers).
- .Able to market the bank’s electronic trade finance platform to clients and prospects.
- Client development – new/additional credit, deposit and fee services, support the client in other ways as appropriate.
- Deal management – managing transactions, concept memos, internal meetings, liaison with credit administration, compliance, legal. Manage all aspects of structuring, negotiating and transaction execution and management including, adherence to portfolio monitoring and escalation as per established processes
- Working with relationship managers, team leaders and division executives to identify prospects, source international opportunities from existing clients and prospects of other areas of the bank.
- Working with outside referral sources – lawyers, chambers of commerce, accountants, etc. to cultivate referrals.
- Interaction with colleagues in our area or outside to develop new ideas, risk mitigation programs or techniques, assist with credit approvals, inter-act with legal and compliance.
- Risk and credit management.
- Meeting Group risk and profitability requirements and deliver targeted growth in Trade and Supply Chain Finance business.
- Act as client point of contact for all transactions for customers in North America, with the ability to discuss technical and operational aspects of transactions.
- Identify product gaps or new product opportunities to influence the development of key new product service initiatives and more cost effective delivery channels.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 8 years of experience in international trade finance
- Minimum 5 years of commercial banking experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have thorough working knowledge of trade finance products including import/export finance, trade credit insurance and ECA programs
- Proven record of technical understanding of Trade and Supply Chain products
- Demonstrable success in Trade and Supply Chain Finance Business Development
- Deep knowledge of risk profile of Trade and Supply Chain and associated risk and portfolio management practices
- Significant knowledge and understanding of competition, market, macro-economic and regulatory dynamics
- Must have experience with client presentation, sales, negotiation, working with compliance and legal, deal structuring, and credit underwriting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong writing skills required
- Ability to demonstrate strong credit and risk management skills
- Required to travel domestically on a regular basis
- Articulate and present a professional introduction to CNB, understand the bank’s value proposition, be effective in internally telling our group’s story
- Expected to mentor and encourage junior colleagues and interns
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products
- Skills to effectively oversee other colleagues would be helpful
- Mandarin or Spanish fluency is helpful
Starting base salary: $122,535 - $208,715 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled