Credit Officer I - Entertainment BankingStart Application Job ID ENT-8233 CityNew York StateNew York Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Entertainment Relationship Managers. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted. Works with the RM and Team Leader in structuring creative deals and determining alternative approaches. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
- *Minimum 3 years of experience in underwriting medium sized and moderately-complex commercial credit and consumer loans required.
- *Minimum 3 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- *Bachelor's degree and/or formal Credit training is required
- *Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act.
Job Skills & Knowledge:
- Analyzes financial statements, cash flow analysis, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns.
- Frequent use and application of commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Strong ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are