Credit ManagerStart Application Job ID CB-8096 CityNew York StateNew York Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
The Credit Manager directs and manages the work flow and activities of the underwriting and credit function. This colleague oversees credit management process for portfolio management and originations. This colleague is responsible for evaluating and approving or declining credit requests within their authority (up to $5 million) in order to ensure that the quality of the portfolios of assigned lending unit is consistent with the goals of the Bank. This colleague reviews loan structures to ensure that acceptable credit standards are maintained and that all loans conform to established company policy. This colleague monitors and evaluates, on an ongoing basis, new and existing portfolios for potential risks and exposure. This colleague also acts as the technical expert or may structure credits on large, complex loans.
- *Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- *Minimum 10 years credit administration and portfolio management experience
- *Minimum 2 years leadership/management experience
- Knowledge and skill set is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- 15 years of credit administration and portfolio management experience is preferred
- 5 years of sales experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of credit, accounting, credit policy and financial statement
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent ability to analyze credits, as well as a detailed knowledge of lending structure and cash flow analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based upon analysis for action on loans.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
*LI-BD1Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled