Credit Analyst IIJob ID SPEC-10989 City New York State New York Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F
The Credit Analyst can reside in Los Angeles or New York.
The Credit Analyst assists Specialty Banking Credit colleagues with recommendations for new credit and extensions of credit through research, analysis, and coordination of accurate documentation. This role also assists with on-going monitoring, reporting and analysis of the portfolio of closed transactions. The selected candidate for this position will be part of a credit support pool that will have the opportunity to work with and get exposure to a variety of business units within Specialty Banking and will be rotated as needed.Under limited supervision, performs the same credit activities as the Credit Analyst I for moderately complex loan requests. Prepares reports based on meeting with Credit Officers, assists in the preparation of excel based financial projections, and utilizes industry research databases to assess Enterprise Valuation of Borrowers. Evaluates existing credit arrangements. Colleagues at this level are still acquiring knowledge of the business and the credit products being supported.
- Prepares credit analysis and investigation of new and renewed loans. Requests and provides the necessary documentation and financial facts for Credit Officer to analyze, evaluate, and determine appropriate credit structure and terms for potential borrowers.
- Monitors for receipt, and analyzes and evaluates documents surrounding credits. This may include financial statements for the company, owners, and/or guarantors, tax returns, cash flow, collateral, covenants, etc. to identify strengths and weaknesses pertaining to a borrower's financial position.
- Provides analytical functions relating to due diligence, document processing, and financial statements analyses related to transactions, credit approval, and renewals. Prepares summary documenting factual analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations.
- Monitors and reviews reports and works with other Credit colleagues to obtain necessary information to ensure that reporting requirements are met.
- *Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- * Minimum 3 years of credit or financial analysis experience required
- * Minimum 3 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Good verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based upon analysis for action on loans
- Moody's Risk Origins
- Understand credit analysis based on financial statements (P/L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Prefer Asset Based Lending (ABL) experience; understanding and interpreting monthly/quarterly borrowing base certificates
- Ability to do multi-year financial projections
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Basic knowledge of banking policies and procedures
- Internship in credit and/or financial analysis preferred
- Requires a working knowledge of appropriate banking laws, regulations and bank policies and practices.
- Remedial course work through CNB Credit Boot Camp required.
*Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled