Business Strategy AnalystJob ID WMS-10842 City New York State New York Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
This position is responsible for research and analysis to develop and execute CNR's business and digital transformation strategies. Designs strategic growth initiatives using analytical insights and innovative thinking to formulate solutions to key business challenges and opportunities with staff partners and business leaders including Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management, and Client/Advisor Experience.
- Support the strategy team on a broad range of activities including business model strategy design and strategic initiative creation and monitoring
- Perform competitive analysis, including tracking and analysis of emerging industry and non-industry trends
- Research and analyze competitor business model strategies
- Support in workshop planning, content generation and communication
- Provide reporting to senior management on strategic projects
- Perform internal and/or external quantitative analysis to identify, prioritize, and evaluate strategic opportunities
- Conduct profitability analysis (financial modeling) of new growth initiatives
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree required
- 2-3 years related work experience in Financial Services industry preferred
- Ability to develop, manage and analyze databases
- Excellent writing, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent PowerPoint presentation and Excel modeling skills required
- Exceptional work ethic, with the ability to pay close attention to details as well as have a strategic big-picture mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with colleagues at all levels including senior management
- Positive attitude with eagerness to learn
- Ability to support several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as independently
- Statistical analytic capabilities preferred
- 3 years of experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- *Bachelor's degree
- *2 year experience in financial services
- *2 years of experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.