Accounting AnalystJob ID FIN-10918 City New York State New York Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 9-6
City National Rochdale, a subsidiary of City National Bank, is an established, dynamic, investment management firm located in Beverly Hills and midtown Manhattan with regional offices across the country, specializing in portfolio management for high-net worth individuals, families, and foundations. We are focused on successful, long-term client relationships and we invest globally for a nationwide client base of high net worth individuals and institutions. We provide clients with a truly unique investment counseling and portfolio management service that relates all portfolio decisions to each client's personal benchmark.
The Accounting Analyst position will be a key member of the City National Rochdale finance team and will be responsible for general accounting duties as well as administering various commission programs for our sales teams. This position will be also responsible for the creation and production of financial statements, regulatory reports, account reconciliations and analyses.Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly management reporting for related business lines, including financials and any other analytics appropriate for the business.
- Administer compensation program for financial advisory business, sales and portfolio management colleagues.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliation, and monthly schedules.
- Develop and maintain relationships with departments across the organization including external auditors
- Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of colleagues, both within the Finance Division and throughout the Organization
- Manage the accounting of the firm's fixed assets
- Assist in regulatory filings
- Assist with the annual budget and analysis
- Take on additional accounting responsibilities as necessary
- *Minimum 1-2 years accounting or financial operational experience required, or 1-2 years of audit experience
- *Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- *Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Desire to learn about the investment management industry and to grow into more senior finance roles
- Team Player
- Highly motivated and analytical with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.