Mortgage Loan CoordinatorJob ID RLD-11247 City Nashville State Tennessee Exempt/Non Exempt Non-Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
Provide support to one or more Private Mortgage Banker(s) (PMB) to facilitate the timely review and submission of completed mortgage loan application packages, including supporting documentation required to process loan requests or modification requests. Support the PMB in loan preparation and coordination with the operation teams to obtain/transmit necessary documentation and condition requests. Track and update PMB on loan and pipeline status.
- Minimum 2 years residential loan processing experience in a mortgage banking company or related financial institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with state and federal lending regulations (e.g. Respa, Reg Z, Ecoa, State Fair Lending) required.
- This position requires National Mortgage licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008.
- Assists PMB with new loan application by entering information into loan operating system, collecting supporting documentation, pulling property profile, ordering appraisals in a rush scenario, preparing lock forms and any other administrative responsibilities related to the preparation of a mortgage application.
- Managing all loan related documents in a share drive or other repository for such documents.
- Manage reporting to track needs by loan and PMB.
- Assists PMB in submitting conditions, monitoring expiration date on credit commitments and locks.
- Prepares modification paperwork for review by PMB.
- Contacts borrowers directly for additional information related to loan requests including documentation require to meet conditions necessary to complete the successful closing of the loan.
- Marketing and sales activities including distribution of collateral, "farming" and follow up on external leads.
- Assists the PMB with prequalification documentation.
- Provide ongoing support for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and administrative duties.
- Answers calls from borrowers, escrow, title, agents etc. regarding status and general questions throughout the process of the loan.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as CustomerFirst, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have good analytical skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Utilizes independent judgment under general supervision.
- May interact with clients, and occasionally with vendors and other outside lending institutions to obtain information and/or request documents.
- Considerable knowledge of the job and the practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Knowledge of general banking operations sufficient to understand the loan function and a basic knowledge of Federal and State loan documentation regulations required (i.e., Respa, Reg Z, Reg B, Ecoa, state fair lending, etc.).
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.