Director Software Engineering - Nashville, TNStart Application Job ID FIN-9851 Exempt/Non ExemptNon-Exempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
In partnership with the RAI Product Management team, the Director of Software Engineering for the Exactuals RAI product will provide technical leadership, vision, direction, and mentoring for the RAI software engineering team. This individual will manage the engineering team which designs, develops, and supports the Exactuals RAI Entity Resolution and Data Enrichment Platform to meet business requirements for industries such as Music, TV & Film, Insurance and others. The RAI Director of Software Engineering will deliver platform and technology upgrade roadmaps. Additionally they will provide resource planning and project scheduling using Agile/Scrum software development methodologies. The position is located in Nashville, TN and some light travel is required.
- Meets business needs by managing the activities of developers consistently delivering quality solutions on-time, within budget, and scope.
- Work with RAI Product Management to refine business processes and project requirements.
- Actively drive the software development lifecycle from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, documentation, testing, implementation, and support.
- Developing project plans, resource planning, scheduling and managing development timelines.
- Building and managing the software team and oversee the development processes using industry best practices.
- Responsible for setting coding standards, design reviews, code reviews, and mentoring the software development team.
- Work with the Quality and DevOps teams to support change management processes to manage software releases, application patching and changes to production configurations.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages as well as production.
- Oversight and management of team expenses and budget planning.
- *Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (CS, EE, Math, Physics, etc.) or equivalent experience with 12+ years of overall experience in the tech industry
- *Minimum of 7 years of web applications experience using web/micro services and databases (REST/JSON/XML/HTML/SQL/NOSQL).
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in building, managing and leading software and infrastructure support teams working across multiple regions and time zones
- Strong people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Expertise in Machine Learning, high volume data loading, transformation and enrichment approaches, platforms, technologies and development.
- Experience in modern application, cloud and micro services architecture.
- Expert in Agile methods including SCRUM and Test Driven Development.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through development and delivery teams.
- Must have a commitment to quality through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices.
- Experience in vendor contract management and management of distributed development teams and resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile/Scrum projects.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.