WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Expand and deepen the network of Independent Financial Advisors, CPA's & attorneys referring clients to Rochdale and to communicate and meet high net worth investors who have expressed an interest in CNR investment services. Develops "partnering" relationships with Independent Financial Advisor, accounting firms, and estate planning firms with the objective of providing the highest level of investment management services to their clients. Performance in the role is based on the acquisition of new assets under management.
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop and implement programs designed to increase the quality and quantity of Independent Financial Advisors, accounting and law firms referring clients to CNR.
- Ensure that Independent Financial Advisors are kept abreast of firm and industry developments.
- Ensure that the transition from the sales process to portfolio management is smooth and accurate.
- Facilitate the new accounts and account transfer process.
- Handle Independent Financial Advisor and client communication.
- Prepare client presentations.
- Communicate regularly with centers of influence to ensure that products and services are meeting their needs, expectations and specifications.
- Facilitate and conduct individual meetings and presentations in assigned territory.
- Generate new assets to the firm using a highly professional consultative sales approach.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Master's Degree and/or CFA (or in process of CFA)
- Minimum 7 years of financial experience preferably in Investment Management
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the High Net Worth or Ultra High Net Market markets
- CFA - Charter Financial Analyst (or in process of CFA)
- Bi-lingual Spanish Speaking
Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of portfolio management, including knowledge of investment techniques and asset allocation, investment research, capital market behaviors, and financial instruments generally acquired through years of investment and /or HNW related experience.
- 7 to 9 years of financial experience preferably in Investment Management
- 6 to 8 years of experience in the High Net Worth or Ultra High Net Market markets
- Working knowledge of financial planning, investment and/or HNW economic issues (aka “continual learner”) and the ability to apply principal techniques of portfolio management, along with excellent communication skills to effectively interface with clients and investment colleagues.
- Prior success in the HNW or UHNW market
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Highly competitive and goal-oriented
- A focus on sales and new business development
- Strategic thinker, able to assess and recommend a course of action
- Highest level of both personal and professional demeanor and ethical behavior
Starting base salary: $87,027 - $138,965 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled