Voice Network ManagerJob ID BATS-11608 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Voice Network Manager supports and services bank operating units through planning, scheduling, installing, and maintaining all voice communication needs. Coordinates with internal and external colleagues to ensure successful development and implementation of required network management programs.
- Manage and direct the work of systems engineers/vendors performing upgrades to operating systems, hardware, etc.
- Train and mentor engineers and other members of the telecommunications department.
- Collaborate with help desk to resolve trouble tickets and resolve end-user issues.
- Perform telephony audits as necessary.
- Provide leadership for evaluating, adopting, and implementing new VoIP products or services, as well as the technical resources required to manage them.
- Plan for management or phasing out of legacy telephony systems and other switch-based technologies.
- Conduct testing and development disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and backup systems.
- Maintain voice network database. Inventory, validate, and optimize voice network services.
- Maintain dial plan. Determine changes and issue orders for new and existing phone numbers.
- Collect product information, evaluate features, and make recommendations to colleagues on what is practical, within guidelines, and technologically feasible.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal support for implementation of network, hardware and software solutions.
- Identify and investigate systems malfunctions; isolate causes of errors, resolve colleague and software errors. Contact and coordinate with vendors to resolve hardware problems and repair associated with communications network outages.
- Administer call accounting system.
- identification of companies' telecommunication needs
- Research on the latest advances in telecommunication technology
- Development of a company's telecommunications policies and standards
- Develop a three year technology roadmap
- Analyze telecommunication bills, compile and analyze billing data. Work with vendors to rectify billing discrepancies.
- Work with Corporate Security to ensure corporate information security plans, processes and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with colleagues to ensure that processes are integrated to support expected customer service levels.
- *Minimum of 10 years' experience managing communication vendors
- *Minimum of 10 years' in voice network experience
- *Minimum 5 years' experience using Avaya Communication Manager
Abilities, Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Call Vectoring, call routing, IVR, call recording and call accounting experience desired.
- Cisco VoIP and networking experience a plus.
- General knowledge of operating systems and networking standards and protocols.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities, schedule projects and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects in a fast-paces dynamic environment.
- Good analytical, planning, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with personal computers, related software packages including Microsoft Office applications and local area networks.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.