Underwriter Lead - Residential LendingJob ID RLD-11130 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Non-Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule Mon - Fri, 8a - 5p
The Residential Lending - Underwriter Lead reviews residential lending transactions as part of the second review process to proactively identify and correct any potential credit and underwriting risks. Analyzes and evaluates the quality of the loan application and either provides credit decisions or recommends credit decisions depending on the loan amount and credit attributes. Provides internal training and technical guidance to colleagues promoting full adherence to, and compliance with, CNB policies and procedures. Participates in special projects as needed.
- Perform independent reviews of mortgage loan applications including: quality assurance documents, underwriting reviews, internal credit risk review ratings, non-compliance issues with CNB policies and procedures, and appropriate documentation to identify potential credit and underwriting problems.
- Identify, monitor, and recommend appropriate internal controls and procedures relating to risk management activities, and credit underwriting guidelines to reduce credit defects in the origination process.
- Provide ongoing business unit training for underwriters, analysts and team leaders to maintain full adherence to, and compliance with, all credit policies, procedures, operations and regulations.
- Stay current and knowledgeable on current CNB policies and procedures and industry trends impacting the credit area in order to guide and educate colleagues.
- Comply fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Complete all required training and special projects as requested.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- *Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration. Graduate business degree preferred. Or minimum 7 years of experience in underwriting large and complex private banking loans
- *Minimum 5 years' experience structuring and underwriting private banking credits including high net worth secured and unsecured loans, commercial investor real estate loans, professional service firm loans and loans to non-profits.
- *Minimum 3 years of Microsoft Office experience
Skills and Knowledge
- College degree in Business Administration or a related field and/or a minimum of seven years' experience in underwriting large and complex private banking loans, which includes analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various borrower structures, family office organizations, trusts, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and personal financial statements and tax returns
- Prefer experience underwriting private equity co-invest loans
- Highly knowledgeable in private banking credit policies and procedures.
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills with the ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal / written forms
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.