Technical Lifecycle MgrStart Application Job ID BATS-8202 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
This independent contributor role is responsible for providing direction and oversight for the technology lifecycle practices enterprise-wide. The Technology Lifecycle Manager will participate in planning and develop strategies for replacing and updating hardware and software that incorporate and align with overall information security and business strategies as appropriate.
- Develop the Technology Lifecycle roadmap describing where IT is going in the future relative to systems and applications.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of systems and applications.
- Ensure compliance with end-of-life policies and standards
- Track changes made to the systems and applications, availability of updates, and the planned end of support by the vendor.
- Conduct risk assessments on systems and applications reaching end-of-life.
- Plan for the replacement of systems nearing obsolescence and complying with policy requirements for implementing new systems or applications.
- Develop mitigating controls should an end-of-life system or application must remain in use
- Participate in planning sessions with other IT Managers to determine how to meet future requirements.
- Develop strategies for replacing and updating hardware and software that incorporate and align with overall information security and business strategies as appropriate.
- Conduct R&D - Stay abreast of vendor roadmaps and conduct research and development activities to determine how new features and/or enhancements can be leveraged to deliver new capabilities, improve user experience, simplify administration, improve performance, streamline provisioning, or reduce costs.
- Communication - Develop material needed to effectively communicate complex concepts and product details to upper management. The Technology Lifecycle Manager may participate in syndication campaigns to raise awareness about a specific technology.
- Operational readiness - This is a sub-process of the technology lifecycle process and serves as an overarching best practice for how technologies should be prepared before they are released to production. Within this process, the Technology Lifecycle Manager is responsible for working with the operations organizations and defining how products are installed and provisioned at CNB, what type of instrumentation is required to administer, monitor performance, and troubleshoot problems, any specific operational responsibilities or tasks required to ensure the product remains stable.
- Process Automation - Look for opportunities to automate manual processes.
- Level III support - On an exception basis, will provide 3rd level support as requested by Operations.
- Other duties as required.
- *Bachelor's degree required
- *Minimum 10 years of experience in an Information Technology role
- *Minimum 6 years of experience in a Lifecycle management role
- *Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management
Skills and Knowledge:
- The ability to influence without authority is required
- Proven experience in managing complex projects and proactive risk management is required
- A strategic thinker that is results-driven and displays a sense of urgency is required
- Ability to integrate multiple, diverse heterogeneous tools and systems is required
- Experience assessing the quality and improving the end-to-end performance of systems, including application components that span multiple locations, environments, operating systems and frameworks is require
- Subject matter expertise in a particular technology product, or family of products
- Familiarity with business Demand Management and Release Management
- Ability to quickly learn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- BA/BS preferred in Computer Science or a related technical field
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.