Tax SeniorStart Application Job ID FIN-9699 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
This colleague will be responsible for the overseeing portions the federal, state and international tax compliance processes for the Bank. Responsibilities include the preparation of all federal, state and international income tax returns and quarterly projections with tax staff and outside consultants. Responsibilities may also include the preparation of corporate income tax provision in accordance with ASU 740.
- Oversight of certain compliance processes to ensure that procedures are followed and deadlines are achieved.
- Oversight of the preparation of certain federal, state and international income tax filings with tax accountant and outside consultants.
- Oversight of the preparation of certain quarterly projections used for quarterly estimated tax payments and tax provision calculations with tax accountant and outside consultants.
- Review of certain federal, state and international tax workpapers to ensure reporting accuracy.
- Assist with the accounting for low income housing investments, equipment leasing activities and loan activities from FDIC assisted acquisitions.
- Assist with the preparation of income tax provision for CNB and affiliates.
- Assist with special tax projects as needed related to tax accounting, tax planning, M&A and tax audits.
- Responsible for training and development of tax accountant.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
- *Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Accounting.
- *CPA eligible.
- *Minimum 5 years tax experience.
- CPA and/or Masters degree in Tax (MBT) preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state and city tax laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of financial/accounting reporting systems and software tools.
- Knowledge of GAAP principles and internal control procedures.
- Good presentation skills, organizational skills, quantitative analysis skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships and work cooperatively both within the Finance Division and throughout the bank.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.