Systems Engineer IVJob ID BATS-11895 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Systems Engineer is responsible for configuring and maintaining servers and other infrastructure components within the environment. This is accomplished through the proactive monitoring of the server hardware and operating systems and installation of patches, service packs and other upgrades to ensure high level system availability. Dependent upon the job level (see leveling guide for additional responsibilities) the systems engineer may also be responsible for engineering enterprise solutions to meet business goals and objectives.
The Systems Engineer may also be responsible for managing infrastructure projects and providing the appropriate level of documentation to meeting Project Office and regulatory requirements.
- Provide production Support to the CNB Virtual Environment using VMware
- Provide solutions to the current architecture and help to modernize and simplify the Virtual Environment
- Provide oversight for new technology implementation and design.
- Knowledge of Terraform, Chef, Ansible and/or other VM related automation tools
- Develop infrastructure and policy documentation and create architecture diagrams
- Provide Tier-3 level support to the Bank and its colleagues
- Familiar with Service NOW!
- Knowledgeable of enterprise storage solutions (i.e. NetApp, Nimble, 3PAR)
- Knowledge of Enterprise SAN networking protocols
- Knowledge or previous experience architecting storage solutions
- Work closely with vendors to implement solutions
- Assist in developing Infrastructure solutions
- Experienced troubleshooter who thinks outside the box when providing solutions
- Gather requirements and contribute to bank technology strategy
- Work closely with Information Security and project managers to deliver solutions on timelines
- Manage client expectations
- Mentor other systems engineers through leadership and cross training.
- Work in a team environment on project driven work with minimal supervision
- Develop and ensure reporting on a regular basis
- *Minimum 8 years experience working with Information technologies required.
- *Minimum 4 years experience working in an Information Systems Architect capacity required.
- *Minimum 4 years working with TCP/IP, and WAN technologies required
- *Minimum 3 years of experience working in Microsoft Environments
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert understanding of System Center Configuration Management
- Expert understanding of Desktop Operating Systems, Productiviety Tools and Security
- Expert understanding of Active Directory and Group Policies
- Expert understanding of network architecture
- Expert understanding of Client/Server architectures
- Ability to provide expert level of OS troubleshooting in Windows environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Expert understanding of project management methodologies and procedures
- Experience working with Virtualization (VMware, MS Hyper-V).
- Experience working in Terraform Automation
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.