Systems Engineer IV - Cloud SupportJob ID BATS-11546 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Systems Engineer IV (SE) is responsible for configuring and maintaining servers and other infrastructure components within the private and public cloud environment. This is accomplished through the proactive monitoring of the server hardware and operating systems and installation of patches, service packs and other upgrades to ensure high level system availability. The SE should have strong knowledge of Kubernetes and Cloud Containers which will be essential to the success of this position. The SE should also have a strong background in VMware, automation tools such as Terraform and Chef, (knowledge of Turbonomic would be a plus but not required) have a background in operational support of Cloud Services. Dependent upon the job level (see leveling guide for additional responsibilities) the SE may also be responsible for engineering enterprise solutions to meet business goals and objectives. Typical day includes, troubleshooting production support tickets, in the private and public cloud, supporting cloud migration initiatives, documentation of Root Cause Analysis, and reporting findings through clear documentation. The Systems Engineer may also be responsible for managing infrastructure projects and providing the appropriate level of documentation to meeting Project Office and regulatory requirements.
- Provide support to on premise and cloud infrastructure as well as suggestions for improving monitoring and support.
- Provide support to the automation of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and be able to understand and supporting a hybrid, software defined infrastructure
- Strong understanding of cloud and server automation tools (i.e. chef, terraform)
- Provide leadership and support of the Infrastructure as a code process, with a focus on solutions-oriented troubleshooting throughout the enterprise.
- Provide Tier 3 level Support
- Collaborate on all aspects infrastructure support including but not limited to servers, network, and storage, as required.
- Possess knowledge of and be able to support, highly scalable and highly available and secure infrastructure utilizing private cloud on VMWare and/or public cloud such as AWS & Azure and/or hybrid cloud.
Spearhead monitoring, capacity management, and provisioning as related to supporting and enhancing large hosted applications and virtualized infrastructures (both converged & hyper-converged)
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills to resolve system related issues
- Act as emergency support team as needed
- Work closely with vendors to implement solutions
- Write and submit bank standards/ policies when appropriate
- Make security recommendations
- Gather requirements and contribute to bank technology strategy
- Work closely with Information Security and project managers to deliver solutions on timelines
- Manage client expectations
- Mentor other systems engineers through leadership and cross training.
- Work in a team environment on project driven work with minimal supervision
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced in Kubernetes/Docker/Docker Hub and Kubernetes (pods, services etc.)
- Advanced understanding of hybrid and full cloud infrastructure technologies (Azure, AWS - IaaS, PaaS & SaaS solutions)
- Experience working with SDLC (CI/CD) and DevOps groups
- Experience in implementing cloud based high available solutions
- Knowledge of ITIL (certification is plus),
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (preferred), AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer (certification is plus)
- Broad and deep experience with Windows, Linux (CentOS, Slackware, Gentoo, Ubuntu, etc.).
- Experienced in SAN/NAS enterprise storage administration, and deep understanding of, block, file and other storage technologies. Experience with Nimble, NetApp, and 3Par are a huge plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced understanding of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced understanding of scripting (PowerShell / Python / Ruby)
- Advanced understanding of automation and provisioning tools (Chef, Terraform)
- Advanced understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Minimum 8 years experience working with Information technologies required.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in an Information Systems Architect capacity required.
- Minimum 4 years working with TCP/IP, and WAN technologies required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Microsoft Environments
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.