Systems Engineer IIIStart Application Job ID BATS-8299 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
The Systems Engineer is responsible for configuring and maintaining servers and other infrastructure components within the environment. This is accomplished through the proactive monitoring of the server hardware and operating systems and installation of patches, service packs and other upgrades to ensure high level system availability. Dependent upon the job level (see leveling guide for additional responsibilities) the systems engineer may also be responsible for engineering enterprise solutions to meet business goals and objectives.
The Systems Engineer may also be responsible for managing infrastructure projects and providing the appropriate level of documentation to meeting Project Office and regulatory requirements.
- Design and install net new IT solutions
- 2nd and 3rd level support
- Train support teams on new implementations prior to deployment
- Act as emergency support team as needed
- Prepare production support documentation
- Gather requirements and contribute to bank technology strategy
- Work closely with Information Security and project managers to deliver solutions on timelines
- Manage client expectations
- *Minimum 6 years experience working with Information technologies required.
- *Minimum 2 years experience working in an Information Systems Architect capacity required.
- *Minimum 3 years working with TCP/IP, and WAN technologies required.
- *Minimum 3 year experience working in Microsoft Windows Server Environments
Skills and Knowledge:
- SCOM/SCCM experience preferred
- Expert understanding of Client/Server architectures
- Ability to do advanced level of OS troubleshooting in Windows environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Work in a team environment on project driven work with minimal supervision
- Intermediate understanding of back-up hardware/ software and architecture
- Intermediate understanding of Identity and Access Management infrastructure and troubleshooting
- Experience programming in Java preferred
- Experience with IBM Identity and Access Management preferred
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.