System Administrator LeadStart Application Job ID BATS-8252 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
The Systems Administrator will play key role in enhancing or upgrading existing applications as well as implementing and supporting new technology. This individual is responsible for the day to day administration, configuration, and performance monitoring of our vendor purchased and in-house developed software systems including desktop, client-server and web based applications.
The Systems Administrator keeps abreast of new technologies and works with other teams to implement new hardware and software into our environment. You will also lead projects from planning through implementation, and manage vendor relationships.
This position level works on diverse and complex problems where analysis of situations requires evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Team leadership responsibilities include managing productivity and priority of workload within team. Assure Service Levels through various management methods. This position operates with substantial latitude for independent action or decision.
- *Bachelors' degree
- *Minimum of 10 years' experience in system design, administration, application software and operations.
- *Minimum of 10 years' experience providing end-user support for corporate applications in a networked environment.
- *Minimum of 3 years' experience supervising a team
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience writing scripts in any language (ex: PowerShell, Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Familiarity with major Database Platforms (MS SQL Server and Oracle), including ability to write transact SQL queries to retrieve data.
- Demonstrated experience providing end-user support for large corporate applications in a networked environment.
- Strong knowledge of Windows server operating systems and environments.
- Good knowledge of IIS web servers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Including a strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with internal clients.
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent customer service.
- Exposure to banking or other financial services software systems preferred.
- Understanding of local and wide area networks, protocol and simple network troubleshooting preferred.
- Understanding of administration tools for database troubleshooting (e.g. SQL Enterprise Manager) preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint administration desired.
- Previous experience writing simple automation scripts using any language (VBScript, PowerShell, etc.) preferred.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.