SUPV BUSINESS SYSTEMS TEST RLD
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Business Systems Test Supervisor oversees entire system testing process, training, regulatory compliance, and system support for Residential Lending, Small Business, Consumer, and Commercial business applications, which do not fall under the responsibility of the Technology and Innovation (T&I) division. Responsibilities include collaborating in the planning, design, and development of new applications and enhancements to existing applications, conducting user acceptance testing, and providing technical production support for end-users. Role will be responsible for working with the line of business and technology teams on project implementation and overseeing all required post-implementation tasks to ensure business line satisfaction. Position has considerable impact on the deployment of system enhancements and project implementations by providing oversight to ensure that the critical business systems have been tested thoroughly and are performing effectively and efficiently by leading a team of business system analysts. The team acts as a liaison between the Line of Business, T&I division, and Third Party vendors. The position also assists the Manager – Business Systems in ensuring department activities run smoothly and efficiently by providing leadership, training and supervision within the department as deemed appropriate.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manages planning, coordination, and control of the various test activities to ensure the completion of all application enhancements and project efforts within established deadlines. Responsible for escalated system support to identify and resolve system issues, maintaining systems developed or installed, and overall knowledge of multiple business systems functionality and support.
- Collaborate with technology team to design and implement testing automation framework to streamline testing efforts.
- Performs in-depth user and quality assurance testing for systems changes, releases, and scheduled maintenance including the development of test scripts to quality control all changes.
- Coordinates the scheduling, communication, and implementation of system changes and/or upgrades with Technology and Innovation (T&I) division, and/or other software application vendors.
- Acts as liaison between the bank and vendors for system changes and participates in vendor management activities.
- Identifies critical metrics to assess and measure team performance and results. Ensures established metrics are tracked and reported on a regular basis by preparing reports for distribution to management.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through their own example along with appropriate follow through with involved Units/Departments and colleagues.
- Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; supervises the daily activities of subordinates including, but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules, providing necessary training and ongoing performance coaching.
- Assumes responsibility for various department functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations as determined by the Manager Business Systems.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational policies and procedures and completes all required bank and regulatory training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mortgage/small business/consumer/commercial loan operations. And
- Minimum 5 years of business systems testing experience. And
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to internal and external customers.
- Advanced knowledge and technical experience of mortgage/small business/consumer/commercial operations systems highly preferred.
- A thorough understanding of operations, business processes, systems development lifecycle and change management and transformation methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of federal/state regulatory policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain high levels of performance, especially in stressful situations.
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance, makes recommendations, and/or escalates the issues to appropriate level of management.
- Prior demonstrated experience in managing, developing and motivating professional and clerical staff required.
- Business Acumen, Process Management, Negotiating, Conflict Management, Developing Direct Reports, Motivating Others, Sizing Up People.
- Strong PC skills, including MS Office Suite with a focused ability to create concise and compelling reports and presentations (Presentations in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc).
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled