Sr Mortgage Loan UnderwriterJob ID RLD-11142 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Non-Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule 8-5
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The Sr Mortgage Loan Underwriter position underwrites conventional first, 2nd and HELOC trust deed residential mortgage loan requests. Utilizes underwriting guidelines based on existing Bank mortgage credit policy and/or the standard secondary market guidelines. Provides assistance to the underwriting and processing staff. Works with loan representatives to troubleshoot problems and offer clarification on complex issues. Assists branch staff with issues relating to mortgage credit guidelines. Acts as technical resource for mortgage loan criteria in the secondary market.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 7 years experience as an Underwriter in a financial services or mortgage banking environment required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in jumbo underwriting to investor guidelines required.
General Skills and Knowledge:
- Complete knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC guidelines.
- General knowledge and exposure to funding and loan documentation is helpful but not required.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal lending regulations (i.e., Respa, Reg Z, Reg B, ECOA, state fair lending).
- Working knowledge of personal computers, including experience with Microsoft
- Word/Excel and Outlook as well as some form of industry standard mortgage software.
- Ability to use and operate adding machine and financial calculator, copy machines and similar standard office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Strong time management skills to plan and organize a high daily loan volume.
- Strong ability to be very detail oriented.
- Must be a team player and work constructively with their fellow colleagues.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.