Sr. International Sales SpecialistStart Application Job ID SPEC-8125 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
This position can reside in San Francisco or Walnut Creek, CA.
The major expectation of the role is to generate loan interest income and non-interest income through the sale of international trade products and services to clients and prospective clients of the Bank across all client segments. The colleague will be required to use their Commercial Banking, International Banking, Trade and/ or Supply Chain Finance experience, and expertise combined with City National Bank (CNB's) international solutions to assist in acquiring new client relationships, cross-sell international products and services as well as provide advisory services to existing clients (CEOs, CFOs, etc.) that may already use our international products and services.
In addition to selling international trade and supply chain finance solutions (i.e. import and export trade sales methods, documentation, payment methods, how-to mitigation foreign payment risk and foreign buyer credit risk, etc.), the incumbent works with clients to negotiate and structure complex international trade/supply chain transactions. The colleague will find and develop Centers of Influence (COI's) that can refer international opportunities to us as well as expand the awareness of CNB's international capabilities, speaking at industry trade events, and provide specific trade product education and training to both internal colleagues as well as clients.
Each colleague in the role is assigned specific geographic coverage responsibilities and may also be assigned to cover certain Specialty Lending client segments/ verticals.
- *BA or BS Degree Required, MBA Preferred
- *Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in International Trade Banking.
- *Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in Commercial Banking
- 1 - 3 years of credit analysis, underwriting, risk, or portfolio management preferred
- International product sales experience across a wide range of products and services preferred
- Experience in structuring more complex export credit transactions preferred
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of trade finance products including import/export finance and insurance and guarantee products. Supply chain finance experience helpful.
- Must have experience with client presentation, sales, negotiation, working with compliance and legal, deal structuring, and credit underwriting
- Strong writing skills required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products
- Skills to effectively manage other colleagues would be helpful
- Mandarin or Spanish fluency is a plus
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.