Senior Digital Software EngineerJob ID BATS-11597 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
As a member of the Digital Technologies Group, the Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining legacy and "Cloud First" applications written primarily in C# and focused on .Net Core and Azure cloud platform. The group is continuously working to improve our Agile, Engineering, and DevOps practices and this role will be expected to actively participate in these efforts. At its core, this role requires excellent problem solving skills and C#/.Net coding capability. Candidate will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence engineering and business team members across many projects and departmental boundaries. Additionally, candidate should not be afraid to get their hands dirty working incident responses, writing code, configuring applications, troubleshooting issues, digging into logs, looking at metrics, etc. Candidate will be a key member of successful independent teams that solve problems in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provides programming expertise and business analysis skills within an assigned business area, usually as a member of a project team, in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications.
- Prepares programming specifications from which programs will be written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Prepares programming documentation and recommends changes in development, maintenance and application standards.
- Analyzes and develops logical database designs, data models and relational data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- Complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- *Minimum of 7 years' experience in business application design and development required.
- *Minimum 7 years' experience as a business or data/programmer analyst required.
- *Minimum 7 years' experience with industry standard tools and languages (i.e. Visual Studio, Power BI, C#, ASP.NET, Web Services, Cloud Development, etc.) required.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams.
- Identify causes and implement solutions to business problems in a multifunctional project, assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the business.
- Evaluates application software packages and makes recommendations to management.
- Participates with other colleagues in new product reviews, tests, and pilots.
- Collects and analyzes business requirements for large projects.
- Performs feasibility studies, translates requirements into an appropriate design.
- Identifies conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggests alternative solutions.
- Strong domain expertise in cloud application development (Azure Preferred)
- IaaS, PaaS, Serverless, API Management
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, DockerEE)
- DevOps / continuous integration technologies (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Terraform)
- Web application server technologies
- Monitoring Technologies (native cloud monitoring and 3rd party monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Moogsoft, Splunk, and others)
- Experience with Middleware, Web Servers, Proxies, Firewalls
- Expertise with databases and data modeling / design (SQL & NoSQL)
- Extensive experience in creating engineering and architecture related documentation and other artifacts in support of large scale development efforts
- Cloud and distributed application design, software architecture and practices
- Hands-on expertise implementing and using DevOps and CICD techniques and technologies
- Experience using integrated development environments targeting Linux, Windows, public clouds required
- Breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Familiarity with other SaaS Cloud solutions (e.g. Salesforce, Office 365)
- Security principles -- encryption, authentication, authorization, integrity, auditing, pen testing etc. -- and how these are applied in a cloud environment
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.