Sr. Data Analyst CCARStart Application Job ID FIN-8171 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
Data governance at City National Bank ("CNB") is a critical factor in the support of compliance with regulations required by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency ("OCC") and the Federal Reserve Board ("FRB"). This position's primary purpose is to provide detailed documentation, support & analysis for the Dodd-Frank Act Stress Test ("DFAST") and Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review ("CCAR") FR Y-14A reporting requirements. The position will report directly to the CCAR Data Governance Manager and will be expected to interface directly with CNB and Royal Bank of Canada ("RBC") Enterprise Data Governance to collectively promote the institution's data governance program.
- *BA/BS Degree required, Master's in Finance, Business, or related field preferred.
- *Minimum 4 years of experience with data and controls required.
- *Minimum of 7 years banking experience required, emphasis in Regulatory Reporting experience preferred.
- Experience in a supervisory role with the CCAR and DFAST process a plus.
- Federal Reserve Board, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency experience highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of bank processes and controls.
- Experience working in a formal risk controls environment with strong understanding of scheduled deliverables.
- Well versed in a collaborative/ team-focused environment directly communicating with Managers and peers on a daily basis.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Under the supervision of the Data Governance Manager, will assist in the identification and analysis of the critical data elements in relation to the DFAST and CCAR process.
- Will assist in the preparation of non-credit related FRY-14Q Review and Challenge analysis on a quarterly basis. This will include the compilation of data, business line reviews and structured quarter-over-quarter analysis of assigned reports based on predetermined thresholds and deadlines.
- Will assist in the rollout of CNB's Data Governance reporting and strategy structure that includes: Data Governance and Policy, Data Quality and Control, Data Strategy and Architecture, Master Data Management, and Analytics Data Management.
- Will assist in the overall analysis of results, training, project plan development, and the documentation of findings, which entails meeting with all relevant data team members and key stakeholders.
- Attend meetings with various data governance groups and Subject Matter Experts ("SME") from RBC, Enterprise Risk Management ("ERM"), and CNB CCAR and DFAST team members.
- Successfully complete all required training and special projects as requested.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.