Sr. BI DeveloperJob ID BATS-11677 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F; 8-5
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the development activities of various BI initiatives, which include ETL, ELT, PL/SQL, Python, and APIs, scripts, reports and dashboards. The Senior BI Developer will support project initiatives within the Operational Data Store (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), various Data Marts, Master Data Management and BI Reporting. The position will perform in-depth development, data analysis, data quality, and design for quality engineering across various databases and methodologies specific to Business Intelligence. This role will provide input and oversight on development design decisions, best practices, and processes to a team of BI Developers.
- Perform in-depth development by writing complex ETL/ELT jobs, PL/SQL queries, APIs on various source systems, data marts and data warehouse support of the requirements for various strategic and/or tactical projects
- Work with a team of developers to provide input and oversight on ETL/ELT development designs and processes.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouse, and Data Marts development; guide the development design activities with input and data dependencies.
- Identify development and data quality issues and work with leads and management to mitigate
- Conduct on-going analysis of the development process and practices within and between various systems and applications.
- Ability to multi-task various projects and tasks with tight deliverables while keeping informed of existing and evolving development best practice, industry standards and technologies.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for both internal programs and external licenses and certifications.
- Develop and mmaintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with key business users to meet expected customer service levels.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.). Basic
- *Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Developer, preferably in a data-intensive financial company.
- *Minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced ETL/ELT, PL/SQL, Oracle, and Reporting
- *Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Business Intelligence technologies
Abilities, Job Skills and Knowledge
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and Informatica products: SAP Data Services and Business Objects (development, migration, access, installation and upgrades); Informatica PowerCenter, Data Quality, Data Validation
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and principles
- Experience in Oracle databases, PL/SQL is strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently or within a team for problem resolution
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.