Sr. Auditor IStart Application Job ID RISK-8107 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
The Sr. Auditor is responsible for performing and/or leading IT audits in the following areas:
- FDICIA IT audits to assess the adequacy of the banks internal accounting and internal control environment (i.e., IT general controls, application controls and Key Reports).
- IT audits including network, databases, operating systems, information security, applications, security administration and business continuity planning.
Assesses risks, develops detailed audit programs, executes audit program steps, analyzes results of testing performed, and effectively communicates results to senior management.
- Assists with the development of the budget estimates for the audits
- Assists with the development of the annual risk assessment and audit plan
- Maintains ongoing relationships with management of auditable units throughout the year and provide technical and control systems support to these groups
- Tracks and manages audit resources to meet the audit plan and budget
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.)
- Completes all required training
Staff Performance and Mentoring
- Serves as a role model/mentor to lower level IT auditors
- Enhances and maintains morale of the audit staff
- Performs on-the-job training of staff auditors and prepares and conducts formal/informal training for less experienced staff members
- May participate with interviews and evaluations of new applicants
- *Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or information systems required
- *Minimum of 7-10 years of audit experience with an emphasis on FDICIA and/or SOX IT controls (Big 4 experience is preferred)
- *Obtained certification in one of the following: Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Ability to work independently or under the guidance/supervision of another auditor
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Ability to exhibit the leadership skills needed to convey ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change
- Strong understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with teams
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.