Sr. Auditor IStart Application Job ID RISK-8061 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
The auditor will work within a team and on occasion as an individual contributor on routine audit assignments testing internal controls and ensuring compliance with bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. Assigned to one of the following areas:
- Financial, operational and process audits to assess the adequacy of the banks internal control environment.
- Fiduciary and private banking audits in corporate, employee benefit, and personal trust relationships, propriety mutual funds, security sales and trading, and insurance activities.
- I.T. audits including network, NT, Internet, applications, telecommunications, general controls, security administration and contingency planning.
- Compliance with various laws, rules, regulation, and other regulatory pronouncements.
- *Bachelor's degree required.
- *Minimum 5 years experience in performing internal control audits and risk assessments required.
- *Minimum 3 years of public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas required.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work independently or under the guidance and supervision of a senior auditor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Ability to exhibit the leadership skills needed to convey ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Strong understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Strong understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
- Prior financial services industry experience is a plus.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.