Senior Wire Fraud Operations SpecialistStart Application Job ID BIS-10088 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptNon-Exempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, Schedule will Vary
- Analyze suspect wires for discrepancies, payee information, destination; authorizations, activity trends and other dispositions of the wire and related alert information.
- Daily processing, review and/or approval of high-volume, high-risk (large dollar) wire fraud system alerts that detect potential fraudulent transactions.
- Make wise informed decisions within the guidelines of bank policy, department procedures and wire requirements for negotiability.
- Use available resources and expert judgment to determine legitimacy of wire deemed suspect to reduce unnecessary research and/or calls to clients.
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients by providing accurate and concise information.
- Provide feedback and update supervisor regarding trends observed while working alerts or reviewing reports.
- Ability to complete assigned duties within daily wire deadlines and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting of department activity to management
- Interact with other business units and account holders to validate information and identify unauthorized transactions.
- Write/update wire fraud department procedures as needed.
- Responsible for detecting fraudulent wire transactions and maintaining a minimal error rate in high-volume, high risk (large dollar) department.
- Performs wire fraud alert review activities by following standard scripts and procedures.
- Review/decision alerts in new Wire Fraud application and work independently while applying operating guidelines to make informed independent decisions.
- Strong communications skills and ability to handle complicated/sensitive information with clients and other outside parties in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate with elite clients while investigating alerts in sensitive and articulate manner.
- Consults with senior peers and team leads on moderate to complex issues to learn through experience.
- Participates in preparing beginning and end of day reports as well as cross-training activities.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment that demands organizational, technical and interpersonal skills.
Skills and Knowledge
- Analytical skills that can recognize fraudulent items and items that merit more detailed review
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with elite clients
- Proven critical thinking and strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of quality and efficiency
- General knowledge of bank operations and wire processing
- Ability to plan and prioritize job assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Requires solid knowledge of wire payment processes and related legal/regulatory requirements.
- Outstanding quality/quantity of work, job knowledge, customer service, problem solving, ability to take initiative on new assignments..
- Solid knowledge of compliance related functions.
- Solid knowledge of related regulatory requirements.
- Solid knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office applications.
- *High School Diploma or GED required.
- *Minimum 4 years of compliance or banking operations experience required.
- *Minimum 4 years of general office or accounting experience required.
- *General experience/ knowledge of wire transaction features and characteristics of fraudulent wire trends
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.