Senior Product ManagerJob ID TREA-10482 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
Product Management is an ongoing cycle. It begins with analysis of needs and opportunities, leading to product development. Once the product is developed, colleagues must be trained, policies and procedures developed, pricing and positioning established, and marketing materials created. Subsequently, product tracking occurs, followed by analysis and recommendations to enhance the product to provide better service to clients or to be more competitive in the marketplace.
Product Management coordinates and manages the formulation and implementation of all activities for a specific product or product line from conception to marketplace; performs economic and market research and analysis; provides product documentation and training; and serves as technical advisor on matters concerning the designated product and/or product line.
Manages the most complex and strategic products, product lines, or product suites for the bank.Generally will manage a team of product managers. Interfaces with all levels of management throughout the Corporation. Excellent knowledge of assigned products (strategy, competition, operations, regulations, compliance, etc.) and the product management function. Strong understanding of the bank's entire suite of products, how they fit together, how strategically positioned and sold, etc., to provide the appropriate products and services to our clients. Excellent project planning and managerial skills are required to plan, assign and monitor all assigned projects. Extensive industry/business knowledge necessary. Displays creativity when designing solutions to problems. Colleague typically has 10 or more years related experience with over three years managing an extensive project(s) and/or large team(s).
- *Minimum 7 years of product management experience required.
- *Minimum 5 years of banking experience required.
- *Minimum 5 years of experience managing medium to large projects required.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Prefer experience in products for Merchant Services, International Treasury Mgmt and Real Time Payments.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills. Extensive industry/business knowledge. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong presentation skills.
- Proven experience in demonstrating initiative in creating and maintaining positive business relationships with various unit managers.
- Project management experience with the ability to concurrently manage multiple projects and timeframes is necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to prepare comprehensive reports, make presentations and communicate with all levels of Bank management.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are essential; Access and other advanced programs would be beneficial.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.