Senior Product Manager - Mobile ApplicationJob ID MAPS-11208 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
City National Bank is in the process of launching a new mobile app, which sits at the forefront of an enterprise digital transformation. The app will be a primary digital channel for customer engagement, retention and growth.
This position is responsible for managing City National's Mobile app platform for our personal wealth, HNW, and affluent personal and business clients. The position is responsible for understanding key differences of this client base to ensure their needs are being addressed. This person will help to lead in managing the most complex and strategic products for the channel. They will interface with all levels of management through the organization and may lead a group of product managers or analysts.
The product owner leads the mobile app vision, strategy, leadership and overall roadmap. The product owner drives the product backlog of initiatives on behalf of the team they represent and works collaboratively with other product owners and the rest of the management team in creating and maintaining the prioritized list of initiatives
This position will also monitor developments in utilization and adoption of the mobile app, as well as user behavior and in-app experiences. The product owner will be responsible for tracking new technologies such as biometrics, wearables, IOT and other non-traditional devices. This position will establish and document best practices, security and privacy standards, key performance indicators, and other relevant processes and measurements for the mobile application.
The product owner will ensure an intuitive and engaging digital experience is continuously delivered to our customers. Partnering with internal and external creative/design agencies will be a core to the role, as will frequent engagement with technology leadership. Showcasing app features, future deliveries, and helping to shape the go-to-market strategy for the mobile is required. This position will be highly visible -- both internally and externally.
- Establish and document mobile best practices, security and privacy standards, key performance indicators, and other relevant processes and measurements for the digital channels.
- Identify, evaluate and implement opportunities/needs for product enhancement and development. These opportunities may be identified through: regular market and competitor mobile app analysis performed by the product group; solutions developed as the result of client needs; suggestions from the line or Product Review Committee (PRC) or that meet a specific bank initiative or new client niche.
- Lead new processes to drive efficiency within the mobile app delivery team.
- Create and maintain relevant mobile SWOT analysis.
- Identify digital product needs of our advisors, clients, and colleagues and ensure that our roadmaps and key vendor roadmaps are meeting or exceeding those needs by actively engaging the respective vendor partners and participating in their user groups.
- Create and drive digital acquisition and referral strategy relative to our mobile app.
- Work with assigned colleague partners to ensure digital roadmap is delivering upon their key business goals and communicate the roadmap to those partners with context.
- Provide data and analytics reporting to business leadership. Examples would be to understand utilization rates and how the end users are consuming our channels (e.g. traditional web vs. mobile shift). Report on volume trends, device migration, activity levels, active utilization rates by user type, time of day analysis, etc...
- Provide training and insight to business lines on new and existing capabilities from the digital channels. Participate in the go-to-market strategy development, and provide subject-matter support as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
- *BA/BS degree
- *Minimum 10 years of product management experience required; Mobile app product management is required.
- *Minimum 3 years of experience in financial services.
- *Minimum 2 years of supervisory/managerial experience
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in online/e-commerce delivery
Skills and Knowledge:
- MA/MBA preferred
- The ability to influence others.
- Experience in building and leading online products (with a heavy emphasis on mobile) and programs that deliver significant marketing, sales and service contributions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the online technologies market for financial institutions and familiarity with the vendors that support them.
- Knowledgeable in the mobile retail/mobile banking space.
- Knowledgeable in the social media space.
- Experience in marketing analytics, response models, and maximizing ROI.
- Experience driving best practices and experience with online sales and conversion.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of ADA needs in regards to the digital space
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.