Senior Loan Syndication AdministratorStart Application Job ID RLD-9959 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F 8-5
This position is responsible for administering and servicing syndicated and participated loan activity. Each administrator has complete responsibility for about 100 large Syndicated facilities handling everything from handling deal setup, collateral, guarantor, pricing, grid changes, advances, payments, fee computations and overall maintenance of the loans owned by the colleague. On Syndications that CNB originates, responsibilities include managing member bank and their share of fees, advances, payments and other loan information. Responsibilities include boarding all facilities in relation to syndications and participations, including but not limited to the commitments, notes, collateral and guarantors, ensuring loan packages meet regulatory requirements related to FIDICIA, audit, and bank policy, performing maintenance, calculations and adjustments on complex interest and fee accruals, establishing lead agent relationship with members and participants for terms on contract and verifying and funding all incoming funding requests from agent banks in a timely manner.
- Services structured financing and participation loan activity. Establishes lead agent relationship with members and participants for terms on contract and conducts activities strictly conforming to agency relationship as specified in each contract. Anticipates, plans, and prioritizes competing demands and meet specific transactional timeframes. Errors or misses will incur penalties and loss of reputation for the bank.
- Understands all documentation pertaining to any participation and syndication, including the most complex Loan and Credit agreements. Fair knowledge of agency agreements and syndication marketplace is essential for this position.
- Ensures tax withholding requirements for foreign borrowers have been met and monitored periodically with appropriate documentation held in file.
- Verifies and funds all incoming funding requests from agent banks in a timely manner. Calculates, prepares, submits and collects LIBOR breakage costs to agent banks in case of structured deals and to borrowers in instances when CNB is the lead bank.
- Receives and accounts for all fees, charges and interest as and when due. Reconciles all revenue items and when necessary work with agent bank in reconciliation of transactions. Distributes fees, charges & income to participants in a timely manner. Ensures regulatory compliance on all aspects of loan servicing.
- Resolves customer/agent bank inquiries/disputes by troubleshooting and researching problems. Make recommendation to the Accounting Manager to enhance systems and streamline processing functions. Researches and resolves all accounting inquiries including but not limited to interest adjustments, breakage costs, fees on unutilized commitments and repricing options.
- Administers servicing of all complex production loans including maintenance of interest/fee reserves. Understands the applicable industry requirements and ensures proper follow-up when changes have occurred by communication and notification to appropriate personnel.
- Boards all records on system for the facility, including but not limited to the Account, Commitment, Notes, Fees, etc. Processes all renewals, modifications and maintenance transactions relating to these facilities. Makes decisions on fees/interest waivers when warranted and within established guidelines.
- Handles loans demonstrated in non-dollar currencies and work with International to hedge for spot/future contacts as needed. Knowledge of exchange rates, interest rates in other countries and international processing conventions is essential to the function.
- Assists with responding to various audits performed in the unit relating to the Syndication and Participation Desk.
- Maintains servicing files for each account and file all documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established bank programs, such as Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- *Minimum 5 years' experience managing Agent responsibilities for Syndicated loans.
- *Minimum 3 years' experience in handling foreign currency transactions and interest rates.
- *Minimum 5 years in structured financing operations required.
- *Minimum 5 years' experience using Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Familiar with movie and television production financing.
- Work mostly independently with limited supervision
- Solid understanding of foreign currencies, exchange rates, interest rates at other countries and international processing convention in handling loan funding's designated in foreign currency.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.