Senior Data Quality Analyst - CCARJob ID CRDT-11140 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
This position is responsible for planning, implementing and managing the sources, use and maintenance of data specific to Special Assets. This includes understanding of loan data elements and their sources from across all lending units for the bank. The primary responsibilities include: develop and evaluate data quality controls, design data quality monitoring processes and function as second line of defense for data quality issues remediation and ensure quality of data align with the objective of RBC's Data Governance Approach; responsible for establishing the definition, standards or guidelines for Special Assets as required by CCAR reporting; Manage SAD reporting requirements and conduct analysis and research on data elements unique to problem credits (i.e. Major modification, TDR).
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance (QA) processes, including internal controls. Determine Critical Data Elements (CDEs) for Special Assets, which includes loans from across all business lines of the bank, including structured credits and complex syndications. Determine if changes to existing procedures and policies need to be implemented.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for data quality for Special Assets CCAR reporting.
- Identify gaps in current reporting practices and make recommendations for revisions or drive process changes to reduce edit check failures and prevent the need for CCAR report refiling with the regulators.
- Utilize extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of commercial credit principles, credit agreements and financial concepts for complex loans such as syndications and large commercial credits to be able to interpret and confirm validity of data for CCAR attributes.
- Oversee and manage Special Assets reporting procedures including the quarterly Problem Asset Review Meeting for critical/criticized loans across the bank for senior management.
- As a contributing member of the Data Stewards Forum, collaborates with Data Governance in the development and execution of the Data Governance Strategy
- Maintain ongoing communication with Data Governance, CCAR reporting teams and other Data Stewards to ensure critical data issues are communicated and evaluate possible solutions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations to ensure adequate reporting of loans from all lines of business that are transferred to Special Assets.
- Partners with SAD officers and SAD loan admin team in determining appropriate classifications, including determination of major modification and TDR status.
- Work closely with SAD officers and credit analyst team to monitor developments specific to large, complex deals and stays abreast of upcoming changes to SAD's C&I portfolio to ensure proper reporting of workouts.
- Collaborate with the Data stewards, data custodians across all lines of business to ensure consistent use of data definitions, authorized data sources, and calculations. Additionally as recipient of loans from all lines of business, enlist business unit support to take ownership and responsibility for consistent definitions and quality of their data.
- Responsible for attestation for line of business specific critical data elements to the Division Credit Manager or Quality Assurance Manager corroborating to the quality of source data provided for reporting, including compilation and documentation of specific action plans to remediate data errors / failures.
- Ensure accountability and ownership of the data quality for specific data elements, partnering with QA manager to resolve edit check failures.
- By implementing the QA processes the Data Steward is responsible for pre-boarding review and remediation (if required) of any errors in CDEs for all line of business credit transactions.
- Monitor evolving error trends in CDEs and provides information to Quality Assurance Manager(s) on key trends and issues related to key data accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with CCAR data governance policies, standards and operational procedures.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Finance. Post Graduate degree/ MBA and or Credit training preferred.
- Prefer 5 years of banking experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or credit.
- Strong understanding and background in Credit required, including knowledge of complex credit agreements and financial concepts.
- Understanding of the FR Y-14M and FR Y-14Q CCAR reporting preferred
- Experience with CCAR reporting and/or credit risk analytics preferred
- Experience working and effectively collaborating with reporting, operations and technology teams.
- Ability to work with all levels of line and corporate management. Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively including problem resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility and accountability for decision making
- *Bachelor's Degree
- *5 years of banking experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or credit.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.