Senior Credit Risk Portfolio OfficerJob ID CRDT-11649 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
Responsible for portfolio risk monitoring, identification and mitigation strategies for commercial and/or retail portfolios. Develops and recommends the 1st LOD's credit portfolio strategies to improve portfolio efficiency that will ultimately enhance shareholder value.
- Conduct ongoing reviews to monitor portfolio performance; identify areas of weakness (and strength) in performance. Develop insight into reasons for performance deviation. Promptly advise senior management of any changes in the trends (rating migration, delinquency, collateral, concentration, disruptors, KRIs, originations, etc)
- Responsible for the ongoing risk management, performing credit quality assessments and related reporting of their assigned credit portfolios
- Responsible for the development, execution and management of reporting and analytical needs for Portfolio Credit Risk Management
- Analyze, monitor, report and recommend changes to concentrations by industry, size and risk ratings to improve portfolio diversification
- Monitor, track and report on Risk Appetite metrics and concentration limits.
- Review and challenge business units credit risk and portfolio strategies, and provide feedback on new (or significant enhancement to) products or service that have credit risk
- Review credit risk and reward strategy changes of assigned portfolios and provide management recommendations to optimize risk-return characteristics
- Work with SVP to establish portfolio credit risk management performance guardrails and evaluate performance
- Utilize sensitivity analysis, stress testing, market trend, and other analytical methodologies to anticipate any credit trends or deterioration and obtain insights into portfolio performance and market opportunities
- Collaborate with SVP in creating and delivering presentations for senior management that include portfolio activities, analytics of risk, performance, emerging trends and opportunities
- Lead the development of analytics and advanced visualization to assist with portfolio credit risk surveillance. Typical functions are loss forecasting, mix management, risk appetite management, collections strategy, and reporting related to KPI's that affect portfolio surveillance such as first pay defaults, no payment, charge off and loss rates
- Track policy exceptions that will provide meaningful feedback to understand credit portfolio risk, future potential credit problems, and provide feedback to Credit Policy team to review and enhance underwriting guidelines
- Ensure the quality and data integrity of the monthly and quarterly reports sent to Senior Management, CNB Committees and Board.
- Coordinate activities with other departments in the bank responsible for risk management including Credit Administration and Credit Risk Review.
- Explore the use of new data sources within the organization decision making function
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- *Minimum 8 years of experience in credit risk portfolio management, credit administration, loan origination, and/or credit analysis
- *Minimum 5 years of banking experience
- *BS/BA degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
Skills and Knowledge
- MBA preferred with emphasis in finance with strong statistical and economics background
- Strong experience in Banking with experience in portfolio management, credit analysis; credit administration, loan origination, credit analysis;
- In depth knowledge of portfolio management practices; credit administration; loan underwriting standards;
- Problem solving; analytical; written and oral communication; organized; ability to understand and convey concepts; ability to deal with ambiguity; computer proficiency;
- Ability to assess and quantify economic risks associated with lending and credit.
- Excellent skills working with large time-series data. Statistical background with data exploration and analysis using R, Python and Excel is required. Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools is preferred.
- Ability to take complex problems and data and make sense by providing robust insights and solutions.
- Strong background in data analysis with ability to present complex technical solutions to business teams.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.