Senior Administrative SpecialistJob ID MAPS-11593 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Non-Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F 8 - 5
In this highly visible role, the Product Strategies Administrative Assistant will work directly with Marketing and Product areas of the Bank. Working in conjunction with others, the Administrative Assistant will be relied upon to utilize expert communication skills and be able to function as a liaison to a diverse group of colleagues through regular interaction with all VIPs, including clients, bank executives, and colleagues. Handles sensitive information, project management, scheduling, and acting as liaison between the leadership, colleagues and external partners. Is energetic, self-directed, reliable, flexible and dedicated. Manages confidential assignments. Coordinates training sessions, travel arrangements, meetings and conference calls. Drafts and/or prepares correspondence. Develops effective relationships with colleagues. Provides overall administrative support to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Product Strategies Team.
- Provide general administrative support to team of Product Strategies professionals
- Support Product Strategies team initiatives and projects
- Calendar management -- plan, negotiate and schedule meetings to accommodate managers, colleagues, and others. Use discretion and judgment to determine the priority of meetings. Reschedule existing meetings if needed to accommodate meetings with more urgency.
- Coordinate meetings with internal colleagues and external contacts as needed. Draft, collect and distribute supporting documentation. May compile minutes and distribute follow up materials as required
- Complete business expense reports promptly and follows up on reimbursements if necessary
- Organize travel arrangements - reserve transport and accommodations. Ensure that managers have necessary paperwork for travel (tickets, confirmation numbers, visas, itineraries)
- Support Product Training manage with coordination activities, including; training session invites, parking passes, food orders and room scheduling
- Meet, greet and escort visitors to the Product Strategies team
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence (post, e-mail, etc.); handle routine issues directly and prioritizes remainder
- Cover telephones and take accurate written messages and notes. Provide back-up for other administrative assistants
- Create and maintain lists, file, and add to databases to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Organize and maintain information that may be sensitive, confidential or technical in nature.
- Identify opportunities to optimize work processes/flow in order to leverage own and Product Strategies workload
- Keep abreast of updated technologies, policies, practices and guidelines
- *High School Diploma or GED required.
- *Minimum 3-5 years executive administration experience required.
- *Minimum 2 years of basic computer experience required (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.)
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in a professional environment required; financial services background preferred plus
- Intermediate computer skills required (MS Office Suite)
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of bank personnel and clients.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience working in a banking environment highly preferred.
- Strong multi-tasking skills preferred.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a "can do" attitude.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal and customer relationship skills strongly preferred.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled