Segment Manager - Private BankingJob ID MAPS-11534 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Segment Manager will be responsible for defining and driving strategic marketing initiatives for the respective lines of business at City National Bank. This position will help formulate, initiate, implement and monitor marketing, product, and digital plans and programs that support business development and strategic growth for the respective assigned lines of business. The Segment Manager must possess exceptional communications skills, combined with a strategic and creative mindset. The Segment Manager will report to the head of segment marketing, with accountability to both the head of segment marketing and the Executive Vice President of the assigned LOBs.
Working directly with LOBs EVP and senior managers from the respective division, as well as partners in Marketing, Product Solutions and Digital, the Segment Manager will work to drive the following objectives:
- Collaborate with client insights, client experience, innovation and other marketing research teams to identify market trends/opportunities and product/service gaps.
- Collaborate with channel partners in advertising, media relations, communications, events management and direct marketing, data and analytics to design tactical plans
- Effectively represent segment solutions and services to internal and external partners
- Direct, create and/or manage segment intellectual content including content used in collateral, performance reporting, proposal systems, related websites, event themes, articles, emails, direct marketing.
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure legality and compliance of sales, marketing and communication tools and materials.
- Work closely with business Finance partners to assess client profitability and business financial targets
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- *Bachelor's degree
- *Minimum 10 years of relevant industry experience
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional or corporate Marketing role
Skills and Knowledge
- MBA is preferred.
- An extensive background and understanding of bank branch operations, mass affluent banking trends, personal and small business
- Exemplary leadership and subject matter expertise
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and drive decision making across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, collaboration and facilitation are required.
- Ability to effectively partner with key constituents both leading them as well as participating effectively in support.
- Effectively and convincingly communicate ideas and objectives to executives of all levels, and include relevant and timely examples to support recommendations.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and social media strategies
- Creative thinker that can adapt to new marketing strategies and tactics
- A self-starter that can work within a matrixed organization
- Proven track record of significant success in developing creative, solution-oriented strategies using multiple delivery channels, and in managing complex projects.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong skills in MS Office Suite, and Adobe and Salesforce platforms
*Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.