SALESFORCE PRODUCT MANAGER PRIVATE BANKING
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position is a key leader in transforming our Sales, Marketing, Product Delivery and Client Service functions using Salesforce and related technologies, including Tableau of other business intelligence tools, as an enablers.This position will lead a cross-functional team of business analysts, reporting analysts, and developers to create, operate and support solutions that will improve productivity, measure sales and service activity, administer incentives and ultimately deliver on the business strategy. This position will be responsible for working with diverse stakeholders to identify new capabilities, refine processes, and prioritize initiatives for the platform. The role will collaborate with business leaders, users, in-house developers and third party support to help bring the vision to life. This will include understanding the people, process, technology, and data required to execute. This position is responsible for the development of product features and functionality aligned with the overall product roadmap and will lead software development teams and partner closely with the Technology organization in jointly managing individual projects forward. This position will continuously build colleagues' confidence and effectiveness with new CRM capabilities through listening to, communicating with, and teaching their colleagues as an ambassador for change.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Understand the Wealth Group’s business & how to improve it through technology enablement
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the wealth management space, the financial advisory market, and our strategy to succeed.
- Establish relationships with key business stakeholders and analyze their goals, needs and workflow.
- Develop business cases for each component of the business that describe how to improve their revenue, profitability, or client satisfaction through enabling technology.
- Identify KPI’s and produce insightful analysis / reporting to enable executive decision-making.
- Ensure that Salesforce enables the business effectively and creates value
- Assess the effectiveness of Salesforce in enabling all major business workflows and user experiences.
- Contribute to the development of a vision and roadmap for Salesforce and related technologies.
- Initiate and lead projects to achieve components of that roadmap.
- Engage stakeholders across the business and technology organization to understand their needs, gain support for initiatives, and assess the impact of those initiatives on the business.
- Over time, optimize the functional fit, user experience and cost of the product to maximize business value.
- Collaborate with the CNB Salesforce Center of Excellence (COE) to align our two orgs in terms of business goals, workflow, and technology implementation.
- Monitor business activity to deliver insights and administer incentive compensation
- Develop business intelligence tools that integrate Salesforce and financial information to measure sales and service activity relative to the business strategy
- Deliver standard periodic reporting to executives and managers via appropriate tools for these snapshots (e.g., Tableau, Tableau CRM, PowerBI, sophisticated Excel workbooks, etc.)
- Develop and deliver balanced scorecards and incentive compensation calculations to multiple levels (executives, managers, HR, bankers & sales people)
- Perform ad hoc analysis and deliver new, actionable insights to executives
- Design & guide the development of new features
- Engage a variety of business stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Translate ambiguously expressed needs into well-visualized requirements, stories and workflows.
- Work closely with developers to deliver product features based on clear, concise user stories using Agile Systems Development Methodology.
- Manage projects, lead multi-functional teams and fill the role of Scrum Master as needed.
- Ensure that the system meets high standards for user-friendliness, efficiency, quality and maintainability.
- Drive adoption & monitor value realization
- Identify the key behaviors that indicate adoption and will drive increased sales, optimal service, and greater client satisfaction.
- Design, develop, and deliver training and communications materials to teach colleagues how to get maximum value from the products.
- Engage business leaders and user communities to effect change throughout the organization.
- Work with professional trainers to scale up the training to larger populations of users.
- Measure the effectiveness of these changes on KPI’s.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience planning, implementing and managing enterprise-wide CRM projects
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a related field (financial services, CRM / customer relationship management
- Salesforce.com Certifications in areas appropriate to the role (e.g., Admin, Solution Architect, etc.)
Skills and Knowledge
- MBA preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Passion for the client and user experience
- Must be able and willing to work outside of normal working hours/days in order to provide a superior customer service experience
- Successful track record of leading highly engaged teams of direct reports and diverse cross-functional colleagues to achieve ambitious strategic goals
- Experience managing products at all stages of the product lifecycle and ability to manage complex, high-profile projects end-to-end
- Skilled relationship manager effective at collaborating and influencing across internal and external partners
- Proven ability to influence without authority when balancing the demands of multiple diverse stakeholders
- Sharp analytic skills with an ability to arrive at logical and quick conclusions, and to facilitate structured decision-making for teams and stakeholder groups
- Strong group and individual training experience
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to take on increasing scope and level of responsibilities as this role evolves
- Regular travel required between CNR’s main New York and Los Angeles offices, and smaller remote offices. Additional travel required to attend trainings, seminars or conferences
- Preference for experience with Agile systems development
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled